Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mid-May Vegas Mock

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Mid-May Vegas Mock

oh from the business side I get it if he is gone no doubt but just a shame that they can be screwed royally by expansion, if somehow it could be Orpik by all means he is on the down end of career, Alzner has so much left still ya know that type of thing.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

re: Alzner.
    Wonder if he could take his young family back to BC?

Alzner and his wife got married in Vancouver (VCC) in 2012.
    http://www.sweetpeaphotography.com/b...centre-wedding
    If they both have family there - it can be a REAL draw to have family to help with raising young kids.
    Especially for a mom who is on her own for much of season.

Alzner to VAN. 6yr x $5m.
    (ya heard it here first)

Dobber Sports Superstar

but to go from perennial contender to current bottom feeder you think that allure alone will draw him? I know $$$ talks but that's a complete 180 as far as his scenario.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't know Alzner.
    But I am a dad.
    Some people prioritize their career first.
    Some people prioritize their family first.

Alzner strikes me as a quality guy... the type that won't prioritize a cup over his family.
    It is a dream to all player, but if he can get his family back home... and get $30m (instead of maybe $40m over 7 years).
    That'll be enough.
    Every interview I've ever seen with him shows me a humble, family-first kind of guy.

[and since I called Bishop to Dallas... I feel like goin' on a prediction roll!!!]

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    oh from the business side I get it if he is gone no doubt but just a shame that they can be screwed royally by expansion, if somehow it could be Orpik by all means he is on the down end of career, Alzner has so much left still ya know that type of thing.
    I am with you on that, but it's the nature of the game. If Wsh can come out of the expansion draft having given away Orpik and not having lost Alzner, then I may start to believe in magic.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It is a lot more likely that they find something to do with their D, or at least pull off a side deal with Vegas. If Manson isn't there to be selected, then it will probably be Megna taken instead. Or maybe they see enough in Bernier to try and give him a shot. Lots of options off of Anaheim, and definitely one to watch.
    What is your reasoning that a side deal with Vegas would be more likely? That would result in them giving up an asset akin to losing a Silf/Manson type player. ANA has D prospects ready to step in now. Why wouldn't they choose the option I suggested, which gains them an asset and frees up a spot for one of Montour/Theo? I'm sure ANA would be thrilled if they only lose Megna to LGK.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    What is your reasoning that a side deal with Vegas would be more likely? That would result in them giving up an asset akin to losing a Silf/Manson type player. ANA has D prospects ready to step in now. Why wouldn't they choose the option I suggested, which gains them an asset and frees up a spot for one of Montour/Theo? I'm sure ANA would be thrilled if they only lose Megna to LGK.
    I just brought up the side deal as a plausible fallback. I agree that a straight trade would be more likely and more beneficial.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Expert

Awsome post EB. Thanks for sharing.

I can't see Vegas signing Alzner before he hits the open market considering the bevy of talent Washington will have to expose. Also, I get why some people have a raging hard-on about the idea of them grabbing Grubauer but there are a lot of goalies being exposed from teams with less to offer (also Fleury, other rumours, and whathaveyyou.) I'm really surprised I haven't seen Niskanen or Nate Schmidt's names thrown out there more.

Who do you guys seen Washington protecting?

8 skaters? Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, Carlson, Orlov, Niskanen, & Schmidt?

10? Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, Connolly, Johansson, Wilson?, Carlson, Orlov, Niskanen/Schmidt?

I really have a hard time believing any team would pass on Schmidt if left exposed.

Further, have I used the word bevy correctly?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    When I have a bevy it's usually a Heineken.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Expert

Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Awsome post EB. Thanks for sharing.

I can't see Vegas signing Alzner before he hits the open market considering the bevy of talent Washington will have to expose. Also, I get why some people have a raging hard-on about the idea of them grabbing Grubauer but there are a lot of goalies being exposed from teams with less to offer (also Fleury, other rumours, and whathaveyyou.) I'm really surprised I haven't seen Niskanen or Nate Schmidt's names thrown out there more.

Who do you guys seen Washington protecting?

8 skaters? Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, Carlson, Orlov, Niskanen, & Schmidt?

10? Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, Connolly, Johansson, Wilson?, Carlson, Orlov, Niskanen/Schmidt?

I really have a hard time believing any team would pass on Schmidt if left exposed.

I have WSH going the 7-3-1 route, and either taking Alzner or a F. Defence and goaltending Vegas can find a lot more easily than forwards, so if Vegas can pry a decent F out of Washington I think they will do just that. If not then they will settle for a Dman, either Alzner or Schmidt. I do think the three extra forwards being protected are more valuable to WSH than Schmidt though, so I don't have a problem with them leaving him exposed.

And yes, the use of bevy was correct

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pencil in Van Riemsdyk from Chicago as one pick http://www.tsn.ca/golden-knights-clo...ruger-1.766336
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

The Great One

TSN Senior Hockey Reporter Frank Seravalli reports the Blackhawks could allow the Golden Knights to select Trevor van Riemsdyk in the expansion draft, on the condition Vegas also takes forward Marcus Kruger in a trade.
    Why would McPhee do this?

Chicago is likely going to expose TVR anyways. Unless they are getting compensated nicely for Kruger.....what's the point?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interesting story.
    Sometimes I wonder if certain NHL columnists are "off the books" with certain NHL brass in hopes of "swaying some thinking".
    Maybe I'm out to lunch, but isn't 22yr old RH-Ville Pokka considered a greater prize than 25yr old TVR (RFA 2018)???

I honestly wonder if these two (CHI-brass + Servalli) think they can thrust some other candidate in front of Vegas and see if they bite.
    I had Pokka taken by Vegas in my expansion mock... thought that was the pretty clear BPA for them.

Pokka has had 3-straight 30+pt years in the AHL.
    He's ready for full time NHL minutes... and I'd think (maybe I'm wrong) that CHI wants him to slide into the top 4.

Dobber Sports Guru

This is pretty good. Sean Tierney put together a team of "VGK will take our player w/ an awful contract in exchange for a draft pick" roster.

The salary would be $110.5 million.

Here's the link.

He did put two Sens players, so I don't know if that's a mistake or he's just looking at the worst contracts.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid