• Other-please write in

21 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kovachuk destination? Best Guess? Karma

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Kovachuk destination? Best Guess? Karma

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    Keep in mind KHL is falling apart. 3 teams are being disbanded by the league. 7 teams are over six months behind in salaries. Only 2 teams have a bunch of state run money and sign all the stars.
    And that is changing now as well. They are lowering the salary cap to try to create parody but essentially this league cant sustain itself as it is. The exodus of players coming to the NHL is happening now.

Radulov here, Shipachyov signed, Antipin signed, Jerebek signed, Kovy has told NJD he wants to come back, Dadonov rumored, Lee exploring options. All of these were top 10 talents over there. I just don't think Kovy is posturing this time. Just my opinion though.

Being swayed to the Vegas reasoning others have listed. They could essentially re-unite the SKA first line of Kovy-Shipachyov-Dadonov. (Datsyuk was second line)
    Teams have been disbanded in the KHL almost every year, that's nothing new. And a few teams have been behind their salaries every year as well. And some KHL stars have signed NHL contracts every year. I agree that the league cannot continue the way it is now but there's really nothing unusual happening this year.

Kovalchuk didn't play with Shipachyov and Dadonov, that was Gusev's spot. Kovalchuk played with Datsyuk mostly.

I doubt Vegas wants to use prospects/picks to acquire the 34-year-old Kovalchuk but I guess anything can happen. I still think he's likely to stay in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Teams have been disbanded in the KHL almost every year, that's nothing new. And a few teams have been behind their salaries every year as well. And some KHL stars have signed NHL contracts every year. I agree that the league cannot continue the way it is now but there's really nothing unusual happening this year.

Kovalchuk didn't play with Shipachyov and Dadonov, that was Gusev's spot. Kovalchuk played with Datsyuk mostly.

I doubt Vegas wants to use prospects/picks to acquire the 34-year-old Kovalchuk but I guess anything can happen. I still think he's likely to stay in the KHL.
    This doesn't sound like the usual to me.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/khl-c...salary-delays/

Not saying you are wrong though. Just my take.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th
    2023 Third Place

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    This doesn't sound like the usual to me.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/khl-c...salary-delays/

Not saying you are wrong though. Just my take.
    It may not sound like it but that actually has been pretty usual for the KHL ever since it was created. The whole league has been losing a lot of money every year, and they're not even trying to make money at this point. The number of teams has been changing every year when they're adding and removing teams from the league every year.

Big Daddy

If I were a betting man I'd say Florida. I hope I'm wrong though as I recently traded away Barkov in my keeper league.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he starts the year in NJ and gets dealt once the season is underway at some point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thinking Mtl - they got cap room and they resign Radulov.
    If not then NYI
    Maybe Vegas if they work a protection deal, don't think Vegas wants to give up draft picks.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

From two days ago (all tweets from Slava Malamud‏ @SlavaMalamud):

SKA says Kovalchuk has changed his mind because he wants to play in the Olympics. Or, perhaps, because NJ could find no takers?
    There is no comment from Kovalchuk, just the words of SKA board chairman Medvedev: "We are talking contract, he wants to stay now."
    From yesterday:

SKA keeps insisting that Kovalchuk's greatest wish is to play in the Olympics, talks ongoing.
    And today, Ray Shero gave an interview saying nothing has changed and Kovalchuk still wants to play in the NHL. Is Kovalchuk just bored and wants to see everyone guessing where he's going?

By the way, some additional tweets from the same person about other Russian players.

More reports out of RUS say CSKA is optimistic about signing Orlov. Say he'd prefer to earn more for doing less work at home. Plus, Olympics
    Bear in mind, Russian agents love to plant this kind of stuff to use as leverage, but CSKA does have unlimited budget. #Caps
    Chances of KHL return, per @sportexpress. Radulov - 10%, Kuznetsov - 15, Orlov - 35, Nesterov (courted by CSKA) - 60. #Caps #Habs
    According to @sportexpress, there is a 40% chance Zadorov or Grigorenko (or both) will return to the KHL. Nice trade, #Avs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If the aves lose Butcher, Zadorov & Grigorenko in one summer.. that would be a massive blow
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I can totally see Nesterov, Grigs and Zadorov bolting.
    I don't see Kuz & Orlov leaving.

FWIW - I think this has a LOT to do with how the player likes his current NA situation.
    Nesterov got shipped away from his young TB buddies - and not used in MON very well.
    Grigs & Zadorov (& Varly) probably hang out with COL - but perhaps its just not a good clubhouse vibe.

Having a couple countrymen can keep a teams lockerroom very strong.
    DET is the glowing example with their past Russians and Swedes.

People don't talk about it enough... but if a player isn't enjoying his work environment (i.e. team/clubhouse), then he'll explore other options.
    Hockey players are cool guys - and money isn't the driving force for all of them... some yes, ofcourse - just, not all.
    I think clubhouse chemistry is key to players re-signing with same team.
    There's a lot of time spent off-ice, and away from family, so the WHO that is around you can be important.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I went LA but it could easily be 4-5 other teams I would say. LA makes sense because it wasn't that long ago they were pretty dominant, their Goals Against was low but the proble was they had trouble generating offense. A real scoring piece could be a huge boost, but not sure they could fit him in cap wise.

Isles and Florida do make sense as well.
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Monster

new york rangers because thats where i would want to play if i were a player

Dobber Sports Master

chatter seems to have cooled off - maybe heats up again after the expansion draft .

Is is true that the 2018 olympics are important to him ? If so maybe its best he plays in khl for one more season then come back into nhl without any restrictions next offseason

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    chatter seems to have cooled off - maybe heats up again after the expansion draft .

Is is true that the 2018 olympics are important to him ? If so maybe its best he plays in khl for one more season then come back into nhl without any restrictions next offseason
    The Olympics are important for all players but even more so for Russians. But of course not everyone is going to make their decisions based on that as we saw with Shipachyov and Antipin - both would have been locks for the Russian Olympic team but chose the NHL instead.

Dobber Sports Star

In my books there are 5 things that Kovalchuk and a potential suitor will need in order to possibly get him to come:

1. Near New York or in Florida
    2. Cap Space or ability to free up cap space to pay him on a big one year deal
    3. Contender or close-ish to it
    4. Has a top center to play with
    5. Team has a spot for a one-dimensional mercenary scorer and powerplay shooter/QB

My picks with these in mind are the New York Islanders and Florida Panthers.

New Jersey wouldn't want him around their young guys
    The Rangers don't have the cap space or the need for him
    The Lightning don't have the cap space
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Some news yesterday stating that CHI might be in the mix. With the subtraction of Kruger and Hossa being moved to LTIR salary has freed up apparently.

Anyone else hearing this?
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th