Thread: Puljujarvi vs Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Puljujarvi vs Galchenyuk

Would you trade Puljujarvi for Galchenyuk in a points only league?

League in sig

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Puljujarvi vs Galchenyuk

Not sure how cap would affect things but I would. Get the results now rather than later.

Dobber Sports Guru

I wouldn't. I'd rather take the gamble on Puljujarvi than Galchenyuk unless Galch gets traded somewhere.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I wouldn't. I'd rather take the gamble on Puljujarvi than Galchenyuk unless Galch gets traded somewhere.
    I wouldn't. I'd rather take the gamble on Galchenyuk than Puljujarvi unless Pulju gets traded somewhere.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would prefer Puljujarvi. He's had a rough year, yes. He was the youngest player in the NHL, this was his first year in North America, and he had to learn a whole new style of play, let alone language and lifestyle.

I think about it like this: If he plays RW to McDavid over the next decade, then he's a slam dunk pick over Galchenyuk. If he doesn't end up there, then he likely lands in the same point range as Galchenyuk. Of course, he could be a total bust, for for all of the reasons I stated above, I am not even going to give that a single worry at this point in time.

Administrator

Galchenyuk > Pul

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Depends on what window you are looking at- I'm pro-Galch for the next two years, reassess against Puljujarvi then. The AHL numbers and IIHF results are not encouraging.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Ace

The easy answer is Galchenyuk because he's playing now and we don't know what Puljujarvi will do yet.

The harder answer is going out on the limb and predicting that Puljujarvi, with his pedigree and potential line-mates, will be in a much better situation to succeed, like Tobias has stated.

Give me the guy with the chance to shine with some very good players on a team destined to be very good for a long time that plays a style of hockey that generates a lot of offence.

*For anyone that will mention that Galchenyuk was a 2nd overall pick...keep in mind who the 1st overall pick was and the quality of that draft vs Puljujarvi's draft.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

The Great One

If you can compete for a championship in the next few years, then I'd easily want Galch....

The Great One

Agree with polecon here
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    The easy answer is Galchenyuk because he's playing now and we don't know what Puljujarvi will do yet.

The harder answer is going out on the limb and predicting that Puljujarvi, with his pedigree and potential line-mates, will be in a much better situation to succeed, like Tobias has stated.

Give me the guy with the chance to shine with some very good players on a team destined to be very good for a long time that plays a style of hockey that generates a lot of offence.

*For anyone that will mention that Galchenyuk was a 2nd overall pick...keep in mind who the 1st overall pick was and the quality of that draft vs Puljujarvi's draft.
    Galchenyuk was actually the 3rd overall pick in 2012.

If this wasn't a cap league I'd say Galchenyuk but not knowing his upcoming contract makes me a tad nervous and wary. I am going to assume this is the main reason the Galchenyuk owner wants to move him; he doesn't expect him to be worth what he's about to sign for.

At this point, I think I would sit on Puljujuarvi simpy due to salary reasons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

The cap is the only reason I would take pulj here. If you're competing next season and cant find a better spot to spend the money, I'd do it. Always go for the $.

Of course if you have room and there are other options to make up the point difference, with the extra cap space, then it is probably worth holding pulj. He may have a strong value season next year or he may be completely useless. His value season is coming but it may be 2 years from now as Edmonton will not rush him (lessons learned the hard way).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for the input guys!

Final trade was:

Galchenyuk
    Hertl

Vs

Puljujarvi
    2nd round pick (mid-round)
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

Meh... I'm not the biggest Hertl fan but this could be the year that we see what he is really about if Thornton and Marleau aren't back
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Meh... I'm not the biggest Hertl fan but this could be the year that we see what he is really about if Thornton and Marleau aren't back
    It's a dynasty league, so I presume keep all. OP has 20 players, and it's an 11-team league. So if 200 players are taken, I like Hertl's value more than a 15th pick in a draft. And I assume that he can fit the salary in, so I see this as trade that definitely helps in the short-term. And could work out in the long-run too.