Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jeff Marek?s Top 100 prospects for the 2017 NHL Draft

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jeff Marek?s Top 100 prospects for the 2017 NHL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Rankings, hasn't released his mock draft yet. Couple stark differences I see:

Pronman has Nico over Patrick.

Vilardi is his #3

Heiskanen 8, Liljegren 13, Makar 19

Pronman has Suzuki 5 vs. 19, Tolvanen 8 vs 12, Vesalainin 10 vs 21, Mittlestadt 12 vs 8, Necas 16 vs 10
    I dont think Nico over Nolan as a big surprise. That could go either way.

The only big surprise that I see there is Suzuki being high and Makar that low.

Can you share Pronmans entire list. I'd like to see the whole thing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Button's is different again... it's amazing how differing opinions really are from #3 to #12 and again 13-21
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's amazing how differing opinions really are from #3 to #12 and again 13-21
    Yeah, so many prospects in this draft are interchangeable from one list to the next, I feel like this will be a draft based on pure luck and/or how well an organisation will develop their assets. I'm getting the feeling that this draft will make some GMs look like geniuses and others like dummies when we look back on it in a few years (after we forget how equal the prospects all seemed to be at the time).
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I never understood that. They got a player they saw as being a top-10 player from his draft class in Chychrun. They didn't need to pay a single dollar to Datsyuk, so I always thought it was a good trade. People just want to bash Chayka because he's young.
    At the time, people were expecting more. Arizona gave up the 20th pick and 53rd pick to move up to 16th. And then there was Datsyuk's contract in there. Detroit was desperate to move that contract and it's not like there were many teams willing to take it on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    At the time, people were expecting more. Arizona gave up the 20th pick and 53rd pick to move up to 16th. And then there was Datsyuk's contract in there. Detroit was desperate to move that contract and it's not like there were many teams willing to take it on.
    I realize that most people don't understand the difference between a prospect and a prospect but why are they commenting trades that involve draft picks, then? As said, I thought it was a good trade for Arizona when it happened, and I never understood why some people were so totally against it. Arizona never would have made that trade if Chychrun wasn't available, so that's why looking at the draft pick numbers alone doesn't tell the whole story.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I realize that most people don't understand the difference between a prospect and a prospect but why are they commenting trades that involve draft picks, then? As said, I thought it was a good trade for Arizona when it happened, and I never understood why some people were so totally against it. Arizona never would have made that trade if Chychrun wasn't available, so that's why looking at the draft pick numbers alone doesn't tell the whole story.
    I was at the edge of my chair when Chych dropped to 16... then fell out when Arizona traded up. I thought it was a beauty move to get a player who at the start of the year was #2 or #3 on most lists flip-flopping with Laine behind only Matthews. That mid-2nd rounder has such a small statistical chance of becoming an NHL player that it was well worth it. Arz. needs to hit the cap floor, so taking on 7m in numbers - not real money was again brilliant. The biggest shocker is how bad Det needs a Dman - that they opted to off Datsyuks contract at the expense of such a high end Dman being on the board.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

ICYMI, Jeff Marek joined us on the DobberProspects podcast to talk Memorial Cup, great chat have a listen
    http://www.dobberprospects.com/dpr18/
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling