Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Up and coming prospects for next year that are under the radar????

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Up and coming prospects for next year that are under the radar????

What prospects are going to be coming up from different teams that you might think people don't know about. Not guys like strome, connor, or chabot who are most likely already on a farm team in fantasy. Guys who will make it and might not be known until they start tearing it up!

Thanks!

Guys like lindblom of the flyers!
    8 Team H2H Dynasty League (2 teams/person, 1 main, 1 minor, 26 spots each)
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, HITS, BLKS, STP
    goslies: W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%, GW%

Main team:
    F: Malkin, Larkin,
    Connor, Tarasenko, arvidsson, Suzuki, Kaprisov, RNH, patty Kane, Barzal, Necas, Kyrou, Raymond, beniers, jrob, strome

D: Dobson, Werenski, letang, burns, Sanderson
    G: demko, Hart, Jarry

Minor team:​
    F:
    Kakko, Podkolzin, forester, cutter, palat, landeskog, Cooley, Arvidsson, Ryjo, duclair, peterka, reichel, seguin, stankoven, bordeleau, Crouse, pinto, cristall, Moore, dorofyev, killorn

D: Faber, shattenkirk, deangelo, cernak
    G: Andersen, hoefer, copley, fluery

The Great One

Default Re: Up and coming prospects for next year that are under the radar????

Walman for St. Louis....?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

there was just a very good article on dobberprospects about prospects that will get a nice look next year due to some teams' cap issues. there are some good ideas there.
    JORDAN SCHMALTZ and VINCE DUNN were mentioned in that article. i'd say they have a better chance of making the nhl next year than walman, and i'll add that because of those three prospects, people should be tempering their offensive expectations for colton parayko. three top notch offensive D prospects on the brink of the nhl - they're gonna all fight over PP time. schmaltz will be the first one up, so i'd give him the advantage for next year.
    if JACK ROSLOVIC isn't owned, scoop him up now. he could make a very nice impact for someone who isn't considered a top prospect, although he is most probably already owned by this point.
    BRENDAN GUHLE will be walking into a fantasic situation for a rookie dman if he can make the big club. the sabres D is horrendous and he's been great since they drafted him.
    he isn't an unknown anymore after last year's world juniors, but JORDAN GREENWAY could make quite an impact. i think the wild will take a step back next year, so later in the year their top prospects will get their chances.
    every winger in the penguins system has value, since you never know when one will get the call to play with Crosby or malkin. that means ZACH ASTON-REESE, DANIEL SPRONG, DOMINIC SIMON (there might be others i'm leaving out) all have some sleeper value.
    BLAKE SPEERS already got a taste of the nhl this past season, and when he makes the nhl, he's gonna go right into a scoring role, and it might be as soon as next year. he's still playing for basically the worst offensive team in the league, but he'll have a better opportunity than most unheralded prospects.
    and last but not least, and maybe a longer shot to make much of an impact, i'll say JAKOB FORSBACKA-KARLSSON. he could be the bruins third line center, and the bruins really think highly of him. he'll be more valuable in leagues that count peripeherals, especially faceoffs, but could put up a decent amount of points if he sticks on the third line.

great thread, btw!

Dobber Sports Giant

Sam Steel, Henrik Borgstrom, Jonathan Dahlen, Jayce Hawryluk
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree they might be Under the radar, but I don't see any of them as a regular in the NHL next season.

I agree with forsbergfan names. I would add Madison Bowey. He is a good prospect but I don't hear that much talk around him. Milano in Columbus has a good cast around him to surprise. Mike Reilly could also have opportunity next year to have a role in Minnesota and the talk around him stopped one year ago.

They might all be owned already if you are in a deep league. For a long shot, I would go with someone like Aston-Reese in Pittsburgh. This team is bound to multiple injuries and AHL players have it fast track to Crosby, Malkin, Kessel lines. Dominik Simon could also rebound after a bad year in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Its hard to throw names out as "under the radar" because every league is different. What may be under the radar for some leagues could be guys who have been owned in others for a couple seasons. A lot depends on the general knowledge of the GMs in each league as well. If you are in a league with guys who draft and then fall asleep during the season, there should be plenty of under the radar guys for you to grab on to. If your league is filled with guys who love hockey in general, it's harder to find someone that others aren't aware/familiar with.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Vitaly Abramov. 3rd rounder for CBJ in 2016, and has very quietly shined in the QMJHL, stepped forward this year even further, and meaningfully contributed in a short AHL run.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    I agree they might be Under the radar, but I don't see any of them as a regular in the NHL next season.
    That's why they are under the radar.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Joel Eriksson Ek and Denis Malgin are likely already owned but then again, maybe not. Other players who could play most of next season in the NHL are Christian Fischer, Justin Bailey, Jason Dickinson, Adam Erne, Ivan Barbashev, Mark Jankowski and AJ Greer.

Also, keep an eye on Mikhail Vorobyov. He's already played a full season and a half in the KHL, and he was great at the WJC. He's expected to play in the AHL next season, so there's always a chance he could surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    there was just a very good article on dobberprospects about prospects that will get a nice look next year due to some teams' cap issues. there are some good ideas there.
    JORDAN SCHMALTZ and VINCE DUNN were mentioned in that article. i'd say they have a better chance of making the nhl next year than walman, and i'll add that because of those three prospects, people should be tempering their offensive expectations for colton parayko. three top notch offensive D prospects on the brink of the nhl - they're gonna all fight over PP time. schmaltz will be the first one up, so i'd give him the advantage for next year.
    if JACK ROSLOVIC isn't owned, scoop him up now. he could make a very nice impact for someone who isn't considered a top prospect, although he is most probably already owned by this point.
    BRENDAN GUHLE will be walking into a fantasic situation for a rookie dman if he can make the big club. the sabres D is horrendous and he's been great since they drafted him.
    he isn't an unknown anymore after last year's world juniors, but JORDAN GREENWAY could make quite an impact. i think the wild will take a step back next year, so later in the year their top prospects will get their chances.
    every winger in the penguins system has value, since you never know when one will get the call to play with Crosby or malkin. that means ZACH ASTON-REESE, DANIEL SPRONG, DOMINIC SIMON (there might be others i'm leaving out) all have some sleeper value.
    BLAKE SPEERS already got a taste of the nhl this past season, and when he makes the nhl, he's gonna go right into a scoring role, and it might be as soon as next year. he's still playing for basically the worst offensive team in the league, but he'll have a better opportunity than most unheralded prospects.
    and last but not least, and maybe a longer shot to make much of an impact, i'll say JAKOB FORSBACKA-KARLSSON. he could be the bruins third line center, and the bruins really think highly of him. he'll be more valuable in leagues that count peripeherals, especially faceoffs, but could put up a decent amount of points if he sticks on the third line.

great thread, btw!
    I agree with Roslovic, Guhle and Speers. They have a chance to play most of the season in the NHL. I'm not sure if they'd produce much but at least they would become more familiar for casual fans. JFK and ZAR could also do the same.

I think Schmaltz will play in the NHL as well but I doubt he'll take over the PP from Pietrangelo and Parayko. Parayko has shown at international level that he can be a #1D, 1st PP type of player when given the chance. Most recently, he showed his great bomb of a shot at the World Championship tournament. He should get lots of PP time if the Blues want to have any success. Pietrangelo is more of a puck-mover while Parayko has the big shot. I'm not sure what Schmaltz can bring to the table that would be better than those two have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I doubt Borgstrom or Dahlen play any games in the NHL next season. Steel and Hawryluk could play some games but again, I doubt they're ready to produce offense at the NHL level.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    My bad, I missed out the part of them being a regular as of next year. I thought the OP meant ''when these guys make the jump, they will be producing early on'' (like Schmatlz, Sheary, Guentzel and others did).

The 4 guys that I selected are all guys that flew under the radar a bit during their draft years and then tore it up the next year in their respective leagues yet still don't have that much hype around them. That extra boost is what makes me believe they will continue to improve until they make it to the bigs.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

Really surprised there's no Leafs on this list... so let me add some:

Grundstrom & Andreas Johnson up front - everyone already knows or talks about Kapanen & Leipsic -- I like these two better long term. Grundstrom could make the team out of camp - better offensively than Soshnikov - gets comparisons to Hornqvist. Johnson really strong 2nd half - late/midseason call up possibly.

Dermott on D. Really solid 1st yr pro.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Some excellent suggestions guys!

One guy that comes to mind is ALEKSI SAARELA, a forward in the Carolina Hurricane prospect pipeline. He came over from playing in the Ligga and proceeded to tear up the AHL when arrived. He ended up with six goals and four assists in ten games. He injured his shoulder and possibly came back too soon from injury, as he was not as effective upon his return to the Charlotte Checkers. He re-injured his shoulder in their last game of the AHL playoffs. He may end up being a band-aid boy but he might also end up being a pleasant surprise next season and beyond. From looking at some video of him, it looks like he has an NHL shot. I recommend that you google his name if you aren't already familiar with him.

Another guy that is looking decent, especially for roto leagues, is TYLER BERTUZZI of the Detroit Redwings. He is shining in the AHL playoffs for the Grand Rapid Griffens and with Detroit being in a rebuilding phase he should be in line for a promotion soon. He plays very much like his uncle did, whom he shares a last name with.

ROOPE HINTZ of the Dallas Stars might require some time in the AHL but he is another that might be a good player down the line. He had been playing on the 2nd line for Finland in the recent World Championship.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Some excellent suggestions guys!

One guy that comes to mind is ALEKSI SAARELA, a forward in the Carolina Hurricane prospect pipeline. He came over from playing in the Ligga and proceeded to tear up the AHL when arrived. He ended up with six goals and four assists in ten games. He injured his shoulder and possibly came back too soon from injury, as he was not as effective upon his return to the Charlotte Checkers. He re-injured his shoulder in their last game of the AHL playoffs. He may end up being a band-aid boy but he might also end up being a pleasant surprise next season and beyond. From looking at some video of him, it looks like he has an NHL shot. I recommend that you google his name if you aren't already familiar with him.

Another guy that is looking decent, especially for roto leagues, is TYLER BERTUZZI of the Detroit Redwings. He is shining in the AHL playoffs for the Grand Rapid Griffens and with Detroit being in a rebuilding phase he should be in line for a promotion soon. He plays very much like his uncle did, whom he shares a last name with.

ROOPE HINTZ of the Dallas Stars might require some time in the AHL but he is another that might be a good player down the line. He had been playing on the 2nd line for Finland in the recent World Championship.
    Saarela had injury troubles while playing in Finland as well. He has talent but I think he'll become more of a two-way player because he's so good at that.

And correction to your post: Hintz didn't play at the Worlds, he was one of the last players cut from the team. He was playing in the pre-tournament but didn't impress enough to make the team. He had a pretty good season playing in Finland (30 points in 44 games). His playoff stats are very impressive (14 points in 14 games) but he scored 5 of those points in the bronze medal game which is a complete joke anyways, so take that away and he had 9 points in 13 games which is still good. He has talent and he can fly on the ice when he gets to full speed but it remains to be seen how effective that top speed is in the NHL when his acceleration isn't at similar level (at least right now).

Dobber Sports Novice

[QUOTE=lucafen4;1764247]Really surprised there's no Leafs on this list... so let me add some:

Grundstrom & Andreas Johnson up front - everyone already knows or talks about Kapanen & Leipsic -- I like these two better long term. Grundstrom could make the team out of camp - better offensively than Soshnikov - gets comparisons to Hornqvist. Johnson really strong 2nd half - late/midseason call up possibly.

Dermott on D. Really solid 1st yr pro.[/QUOTE

this is why we need fans from their teams to reply! they know more then others, thanks!
    8 Team H2H Dynasty League (2 teams/person, 1 main, 1 minor, 26 spots each)
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, HITS, BLKS, STP
    goslies: W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%, GW%

Main team:
    F: Malkin, Larkin,
    Connor, Tarasenko, arvidsson, Suzuki, Kaprisov, RNH, patty Kane, Barzal, Necas, Kyrou, Raymond, beniers, jrob, strome

D: Dobson, Werenski, letang, burns, Sanderson
    G: demko, Hart, Jarry

Minor team:​
    F:
    Kakko, Podkolzin, forester, cutter, palat, landeskog, Cooley, Arvidsson, Ryjo, duclair, peterka, reichel, seguin, stankoven, bordeleau, Crouse, pinto, cristall, Moore, dorofyev, killorn

D: Faber, shattenkirk, deangelo, cernak
    G: Andersen, hoefer, copley, fluery

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Jarry is a sneaky add this year, I've been trying to acquire him in my dynasty leagues.

Talented goalie, could back up Murray this year, and Murray is a bit of a bandaid.