Thread: Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour

So I've seen all the hype on the forums lately about these two defensive prospects, Brandon Montour and Shea Theodore, but I didn't see any projections for their point totals next year. What do you guys think that each of their point totals and games played will be? Thanks!

The Great One

Default Re: Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour

I think, if expansion/trades go to plan, that both are up for good next season. Personally I think one can top out at 30-35 and the other 20-25. Initially I thought the guy that would score more would be Theodore as he seems made for the pp but Montour starter to take some of that time in the play offs so I see it flipping back and forth quote a bit next season hence the sketchy predictions - don't think either will get enough of anything to top 40 and the one with the most pp time will be the higher - just good luck predicting who.

if I'm looking to acquire them though I probably go Theodore, dobber and the rest of the ramblers have definitely drawn more attention to Lontour so his price is probably up compared to Theo... Damn you ramblers
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

agree with Sully 30-35. it could be another year before either really takes off offensively. I'd go with Montour of the two for next year specifically. He, being a couple years older, seems more poised/ready - could result in him becoming a legit weapon faster.

I still like theo long term, pedigree.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Theodore is a bit stuck behind Fowler and Lindholm (I don't see them losing either one) while Montour has better opportunity on the right side where there's only Vatanen, Manson and Bieksa (1 or 2 of them could be gone by next season as well). So short-term, I like Montour more. He was also excellent in the playoffs, he's clearly earned the trust of his coach.

Long-term, it could go either way. For that reason, I'd go with Montour right now. Why take the risk and short-term hit when you're not sure you'll end up with the better player long-term.