Thread: Huberdeau for Klefbom

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Huberdeau for Klefbom

League in my signature. Which side do you like? I'd be moving Hubs. I feel like I should get a + thrown in to even out the value. Something like Klef + Zacha for Hubs + Walman. Thoughts?

The Great One

Default Re: Huberdeau for Klefbom

More info would be helpful - how many teams, how many players kept, roster size, how many start at each position, categories, etc. In terms of a general answer, as much as people are excited about Klefbom, I think he's not enough to get in return for Huberdeau right now, so yes, if you want to do this deal try to even things out with other players.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

For some reason my signature doesn't always show up when I post on the mobile site. Here it is to give more context

14 GM Dynasty
    Straight Points
    Daily Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: Eichel, Mackinon, McDavid, Schmaltz, Huberdeau, Yakupov, Matthews, Jaskins, Tom Wilson, Markus Granlund, Nieto, Namestnikov, Pulkkinen, Buchnevich, Nichushkin
    D: de Haan, Provorov, Sergachev, Savard, Hutton, Klingberg
    G Mrazek, Grubauer,
    Farm: Hulstrum, Morrow, Walman, Lyon, Forsling, Colton Point,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If ur willing to trade hub u might wanna try and flip him for a goalie. Love me some klefbom but seen enough hot shot playoff performers storm up the board only to fall flat the next season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Personally I think the Klefbom hype is a bit over done. He's never really been much of a point producer. Last season is his only one where he has had over 20 points, at any level of his career. I think he is a guy I would sell high on. Long term, one of Jones, Bear or Nurse will likely overtake him on the #1PP.
    My opinion is keep Huberdeau

The Great One

I agree with keeping Hub over Klefbom. Also agree with poster that in a 2G set up, that's really the position you should be looking to fill.

And what sort of a timeframe are you working on? The team is young and seems a long way off...

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the feedback, I'm also skeptical about Klefbom and whether he really has another gear. I see him as more of an Ekblad type.

As for the goalie thing, my team is 2-3 years off but I've amassed 10 first round picks in the next 2 years so the rebuild is on steroids. Older serviceable goalies are easy to come by in my league so the plan is the hold off on acquiring any until I know my team is ready. I don't want to give up good assets for goalies now since the latter are so volatile.

Dobber Sports Ace

One thought on Klefbom. He is a tall, smooth skating, skilled defensemen who has a blast of a shot and was a first round pick. He comes from a long line of talemted Swedish dmen who occasionally take a bit longer to reach their peak.

Klefbom reminds me slightly of V Herman. I'm not going to say that Klefbom will ever be a Hedman, but just because he hasn't produced yet it doesn't mean he won't ever. V Hedman didn't crack 30 points in his first four seasons. Then he blew up.

Klefbom has a prime opportunity in Edmonton. If he can take advantage, he can really be next years big breakout dman.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

The Great One

Sekera's injury helps Klefbom but personally I think Huberdeau is worth more... Especially when games start getting played again
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

To answer your question, I'd definitely be pursuing a + if the meat of the deal is Huberdeau for Klefbom. Jags has a great point in maybe looking for goalie help instead of D help. Mrazek and Grubs could easily be backups next season.
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since