Thread: Philip Grubauer

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Philip Grubauer

I think everyone is assuming Grubauer is going to be a starter somewhere next year. Would you sell high on him at this point, with everyone else thinking that he'll be starting, seeing as though the most likely place he'll go is Vegas, which will mean horrible stats for a few years, and that's assuming he isn't in a time share there?
    Or do you hold on to him with the hope that Vegas targets someone else (Fleury) and that possibly Grubauer winds up in Calgary, which would be a fantastic landing spot for him?

The Great One

Default Re: Philip Grubauer

I'm not convinced Grubauer lands somewhere as a starter... If he's not claimed then Washington will want to retain him as he has little negotiating room as a RFA - Holtby will continue to be the main man and there may be an uptick in starts with good peripherals.

now that's not to say he won't be acquired by Vegas either to time share or sign and trade - more likely to time share IMO and considering other potential options for Vegas id be comfortable saying a 50-50 load as they will need all the help they can get in net to keep them competitive (also think the d will be ok so may just be wins that are a struggle).

Re a sign and trade I'm not sure he lands in a better situation than Vegas re playing time as would be a 1b wherever he did go but would push

so long answer shortened - I like him to continue to do what he is doing and won't be a bonafide starter
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Magnificent One

If you search my recent post in another thread, I made the case for him still being a back-up. No team would hand him the reigns - not yet at least. Plus, he's an RFA.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree with the other two. If you can sell him as a starter for next season then go for it!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ya if you can sell him for a pick now I would. I don't think he will be a starter. There is better options than him. At best I think he might be a 1b
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Deity

If you can sell high on him based on "what may be" then all the power to you. People sell high on prospects all the time and god knows those are all "what may be's".

I wouldn't be buying but that's me. I don't think he's a starter next year but stranger things have happened.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've speculated that GM-GM in Vegas (who drafted Grubauer for WAS) will make him one of three goalie expansion picks.
    I don't think WAS has a solid skater to be selected.
    I've read ESPN mocks on expansion where all 5-6 of their gurus had Grubauer among the 3 goalies.

And... with Bishop going to DAL... I'd say the likelihood of Grubauer to Vegas is very high now: 75% (to ballpark).
    Q: Do I think he'll be the #1 starter there?
    A: Yes.

I think it's a very fine little middle finger for GM-GM to Washington.
    We'll see what kind of defensive team Vegas puts in front of Grubauer. That's the big wild card.
    I also think Vegas will draft Anton Forsberg (CBJ) and think he gives Grubauer a run in the franchise first couple years.

As others have said - if you can sell Grubauer as a NHL #1... do it.
    But, if its a league where you really need SV and starts, then I think he could have sneaky good value.

The Great One

Would be helpful to have more info on your league settings and team. But like others, I wouldn't hesitate to move him as a starter (presuming you aren't desperate for goalie yourself). I wouldn't be surprised if Grubauer was selected by Vegas, but I don't see him getting a 1A goalie contract.