Thread: Kuznetsov vs Drouin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kuznetsov vs Drouin

In a 16 team h2h multicat salary cap dynasty with all cats except toi. How do you guys see Kuznetsov vs drouin going forward?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Kuznetsov vs Drouin

I think Kuznetsov will be much more expensive if you use NHL contracts. I'd probably go with Drouin because of the expected salary difference.

Dobber Sports Titan

Drouin for me as well at this point.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I'd also prefer Drouin. Besides salary I think he's the better player (plus I don't think he'll ever be a KHL threat).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Great One

Read my recent cage match on Drouin - link in my sig. Cliff notes = Drouin is poised to be Brayden Schenn 2.0, except with worse peripherals other than PPP.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd prefer Drouin

Administrator

I'm not a fan of either in multi-cat - more hype than results. Out of these two I'd go Drouin because he'll be cheaper and thus easier to trade but I'd be looking to land a more productive guy for your league. You should be able to use the name value to your advantage.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

The contract is what swings it in Drouin's favour IMO...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Novice

Not meaning to hijack, but would you prefer JT Miller to either in a multicat league with no salaries?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm not a fan of either in multi-cat - more hype than results. Out of these two I'd go Drouin because he'll be cheaper and thus easier to trade but I'd be looking to land a more productive guy for your league. You should be able to use the name value to your advantage.
    Came in to basically say this. Neither arw bigtime shooters- and both play relatively soft. Kuzya exoensuve already and drouin will go for the absolute maximum he can get.

So maybe drouin cause ur hoping je can start shooting more? Id honestly be shopping both. If im building in a cap dynasty league i would be uncomfortable with either guy as a core piece. That being said theres lota of name value, youth and upside here. You could probably get a kings ransom for one or bith of them. In cap drouin might be easier to yrade..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MarnerMania View Post
    Not meaning to hijack, but would you prefer JT Miller to either in a multicat league with no salaries?
    No dedinitely not without cap kuzya's realtuvely "soft" priduxtion is stull a lot easier to pallette. Again hes not my favorite but hell stuff points assists and ppp. Uts the contract that makea him an anchir here. I feel like driuins still an unknown. The upside is excitung byt still not sure what hes gonna pan out as...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Read my recent cage match on Drouin - link in my sig. Cliff notes = Drouin is poised to be Brayden Schenn 2.0, except with worse peripherals other than PPP.
    Wow.

Thats pretty bold.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How are you guys feeling now about these two?

The Great One

Let's see what Kuz gets re upped for... If they sign for a similiar figure then I go to him

(I thought Drouin would be a bridge deal at around 4 for 2 hence me flipping now!)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    What Eric said.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy