Poll: Is this bush league or legit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bush league or legit?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Bush league or legit?

Poor form for a few reasons:
    1. It's late in the process to add a 29th team.
    2. Odd number of teams is bad for a bunch of reasons: head-to-head, unbalanced divisions etc. Perhaps the Commish thought if he got to 29 getting a 30th would be easier.

As others have said its not great because value was traded based on the value of picks and that value has changed. That being said I agree with Pengwin7 it was likely a new Commish not considering all the factors.

I'm assuming this is a snake draft so adding him at 29 causes other problems. Ultimately I'd probably accept the extra team and inform the Commish in the future such decisions should not be made once value is set. It's a silly decision but not fatal to the league IMO.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Wolverine

Similar to other responses, once the league becomes 'active' e.g. trading/draft lottery etc the league should have been locked.

Options:
    - reset everything, delay the draft and allow that 29th team in only if you get 30 (keep it balanced and avoids byes), or
    - leave it with 28 teams.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The fact that it's a H2H league, for me, makes adding a 29th team the biggest issue here.

If I was in this league, I'd be asking the commish to either find a 30th, or boot the 29th team. With 30, redo the lottery, reset everything. Sucks for those that made trades, yes, but hopefully they understand it is for the betterment of the league. That's one thing that I find a lot of GM's don't consider when it comes to this stuff. Running a league, you have to always ensure that your decisions are for the best of the league, not your own team or anyone else's team.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Ninja

I suspect that the 29th owner is a buddy of the commish. Should have stuck with an even number of teams and expanded to 30 teams next year or delayed the draft until he had 30 teams. Awarding the late team the 15th pick is something I don't like. Should redo the draft order.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

gheezus thats a big league 28+ gm's .

did the commish just drop this on everyone or did you guys have a chance to express an opinion first .If the original plan was 3o teams why couldnt he stay patient and wait until it filled considering he was pretty much at the goal of 30

I'm sure theres some big leagues (28+ gm's) that have some success but I'd lean towards a high failure rate compared to 10/14 team leagues