Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Danton Heinen: Anyone know anything about him?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Danton Heinen: Anyone know anything about him?

Decent US college totals... Rather decent AHL rookie totals.. 12 pts in 12 games in the Calder Cup playoffs... How do the Bruins view him as a prospect. How do you? Discuss? Can't seem to find much on him. Maybe that's an answer in and of itself...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Danton Heinen: Anyone know anything about him?

You know me, I can just tell you what the numbers say!

Stats say middle 6 player at best... more likely a 3rd liner.

First meaningful season was 18 year old in the BCHL. Ick. Two decent seasons in a weaker division of the NCAA followed by a decent season in the AHL. Could be a late bloomer but the stat pedigree is a yawner.

Anyone who has used their eyes?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    You know me, I can just tell you what the numbers say!

Stats say middle 6 player at best... more likely a 3rd liner.

First meaningful season was 18 year old in the BCHL. Ick. Two decent seasons in a weaker division of the NCAA followed by a decent season in the AHL. Could be a late bloomer but the stat pedigree is a yawner.

Anyone who has used their eyes?
    Thanks for the help on the strength of league. I have not used the eye test but his 21 yr old season as an AHL rookie and his rather good AHL playoff seem to hint at something.. Though he could very well be a career AHLer. Plenty of those....
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He plays hockey

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    He plays hockey
    Don't we all lol.......
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with Hockeygeek.

Most likely a middle 6 player, will move around the lineup up and down. Bruins like him but aren't really gaga about him or anything. Better real life asset then fantasy asset in my eyes. Main appeal in Boston right now is their lack of high end forward prospects, all of them have either graduated and are playing with the team or haven't panned out/been mishandled *cough* Khokhlachev.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Who's got a better shot at rising in the BOS system - Heinen or Bjork?

The Great One

For me Heinen will be all about taking opportunities and right now if he gets a shot it is as a third line Centre... Could he work his way up? Yep but he needs better showings than his cup of coffee recently
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Who's got a better shot at rising in the BOS system - Heinen or Bjork?
    I think Bjork has the higher ceiling. Heinen may make the team next year though and I'm not sure Bjork has as good of a chance.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

To me, Bjork and Heinen are mirror images of each other. I'd say Heinen has a better shot at rising in the Bruins' system just based on the fact that he's a year ahead of Bjork. Yes, Heinen had a rough time during his cup of coffee in the AHL this year, but he was great afterwards in the AHL, so he'll get another shot. Bjork is behind him on the depth chart, as he'll just be starting out in the AHL next year, without much chance of making the big club, so it would take Heinen disappointing for him to get a shot.
    The Bruins could probably have 3 solid 2nd lines when you factor in all their offensive prospects. It's gonna be a matter of who takes advantage of their opportunities and doesn't lose their spot. They've got Debrusk and Senyshyn moving up in their system next year, and those are their top offensive guys, much more than Bjork or Heinen. Vatrano should take a step forward next year. Plus, as I said in my mock draft, I'm sure they're going to be drafting a high ceiling forward with their first round pick this season, so there will be a ton of competition for top 6 minutes. Both of these guys will probably not make the cut.

The Magnificent One

So I remeber last year he was talked about on these boards but haven't heard much this year which doesn't bode well.

He was mentioned by dobber in the ramblings may 2nd or 3rd. Talking about guys who had a good playoffs. However didn't put him in the best of lights. So as most said think 3rd liner
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    To me, Bjork and Heinen are mirror images of each other. I'd say Heinen has a better shot at rising in the Bruins' system just based on the fact that he's a year ahead of Bjork. Yes, Heinen had a rough time during his cup of coffee in the AHL this year, but he was great afterwards in the AHL, so he'll get another shot. Bjork is behind him on the depth chart, as he'll just be starting out in the AHL next year, without much chance of making the big club, so it would take Heinen disappointing for him to get a shot.
    The Bruins could probably have 3 solid 2nd lines when you factor in all their offensive prospects. It's gonna be a matter of who takes advantage of their opportunities and doesn't lose their spot. They've got Debrusk and Senyshyn moving up in their system next year, and those are their top offensive guys, much more than Bjork or Heinen. Vatrano should take a step forward next year. Plus, as I said in my mock draft, I'm sure they're going to be drafting a high ceiling forward with their first round pick this season, so there will be a ton of competition for top 6 minutes. Both of these guys will probably not make the cut.
    DeBrusk played the entire season in the AHL along with Heinen and their numbers were quite similar, with Heinen having a bit higher PPG average (although a year older).

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    DeBrusk played the entire season in the AHL along with Heinen and their numbers were quite similar, with Heinen having a bit higher PPG average (although a year older).
    the key is, as you said, a year older. debrusk is quite young for an AHLer. I think debrusk has much more offensive potential than heinen. not necessarily first line potential, but solid second line potential. will be a very good winger for krejci.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    the key is, as you said, a year older. debrusk is quite young for an AHLer. I think debrusk has much more offensive potential than heinen. not necessarily first line potential, but solid second line potential. will be a very good winger for krejci.
    Can't really disagree with that. I was just pointing out that DeBrusk was already in the AHL this past season as you previously said he and Senyshyn would be moving up in the system next season. Didn't want anyone to be confused.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Follow me on twitter: @pharling