Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deal On The Table -REP-

The Great One

Default Re: Deal On The Table -REP-

One could argue that without Thornton/Marleau on the PP it wouldn't such a dynamic PP.

It'll be interesting to see what does happen and I agree that Hertl is a buy low this summer.

Will be interesting to track.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Really like the deal for you, and I actually dealt Hertl about two months ago for Montour, that's how much I liked him even then. It's a great deal for you now.

Question though, who do you now have to deal as you show Hertl as a non-keeper, where Burakovsky obviously will be?
    Yeah its a problem but its a good one to have. Something will turn up between now and September. I could send Laine down to my farm to open a spot, would need to drop a prospect, so there is a way around it if I dont find a trade. But I expect something will turn up.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I... got here too late.
    I like the Tomas Hertl side.
    We've talked some on the forums about Bura's increase in TOI/scoring if Oshie/J.Will leave.
    What about Hertl?
    Looks like the team is about to move on from Thornton and Marleau.
    SJ has, quite possibly, the most fixed/dynamic PP in the NHL over the last 2 years, a 4F/1D PP unit that ALWAYS included Burns + Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Marleau.
    So what happens if/when Thornton/Marleau are left to walk???
    Yup.

Tomas Hertl, IMO, is one of the best buy-lows this summer.
    I think he has more upside than Burakovsky... and I'm not sold that Montour is the PP1 guy for ANA.

But, it's pretty close... I just think people are getting hung up on the two players in the deal that have been thrust into our eyes over last two weeks from playoffs.

We'll have to track this one and see how it pans out.
    It's always interesting to be the lone wolf on one side of a trade analysis.

Yes P7, those are good points. I did pause over this. Hertl really could break out this year if the old guys arent re-signed. I did have to think that over. I am a Kings fan and I have a bias against Sharks so that played into it, I will admit. This deal could easily not work out in my favor, but I am comfortable with the risk given the players i received in return. Barzal is also a personal favorite of mine as I am a follower of the Seattle Thunderbirds in the WHL. Will definitely be one to watch.