Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaprizov VS top 4 pick from this years draft class [REP]

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Kaprizov VS top 4 pick from this years draft class [REP]

Evansville Iceman team in the sig.

I have a lottery pick that will either be 1,3 or 4 overall based on how the NHL playoffs finish.

1st if Ottawa wins the cup
    3rd if Nashville or Pitsbrugh wins the cup
    4th if Anaheim wins the cup

Would you move that pick for Kaprizov?

I don't know much about this years draft class or Kaprizov other than a couple TSN scouting reports and Dobber's rankings.

Rep to all for any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Kaprizov VS top 4 pick from this years draft class [REP]

We had a similar discussion in this thread.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...light=kaprizov

Some like Kaprizov in the top four, top five. Some don't.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We had a similar discussion in this thread.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...light=kaprizov

Some like Kaprizov in the top four, top five. Some don't.
    Ahh ha thank you, I did a quick search but I must have spelled the name wrong!
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Pro

I would trade 1st overall for him, and that is how high I am on him. But definitely go with the lowest pick first. Many people are scared of the "KHL" factor, and draft picks are always over-valued around draft time
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Giant

KHL factor or not, I'd take him with the 5th pick with Vilardi and Mittelstadt before him. I love his skill, but I think this year's draft class is underrated and should produce some good NHL talent in a few years time, hence why I have 4 guys ahead of him.

If you want ''now'' results, I'd be inclined to go for Shipachyov before KK (if he's available).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    KHL factor or not, I'd take him with the 5th pick with Vilardi and Mittelstadt before him. I love his skill, but I think this year's draft class is underrated and should produce some good NHL talent in a few years time, hence why I have 4 guys ahead of him.
    Ship unfortunately is too old to be eligible for our prospect draft.

I'm trying to sell high on my pick as it's value is tied to the Sens winning the cup.

I think it's reached it's peak value and can only go down from here.

Basically I'd rather gamble on Kaprizov then hope that Ottawa wins the cup to get the top pick.

Thanks, REP given where I was able to.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd keep the pick. You're not getting the value of a potential 1st overall pick, you're getting at most the value of 4th overall pick. You can't lose if you keep the pick for now. Even if Anaheim wins and you end up with the 4th overall pick, you should be able to get Kaprizov with that if you want. But even then, I'd keep the pick.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd seriously consider him at number two behind Hischier.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kaprizov is putting up really good numbers playing in a men's league and has been playing in a men's league since the age of...18? 17?
    Nolan and Nico have looked great playing against kids their own age and younger, but we haven't seen them against men yet.

Not sure how Kaprizov will fit into Wild's lineup, should be a fixture in that top six, but 1st line? 2nd line? who does he play with, does he get 1st pp unit time?
    Nico and Nolan, if they do go 1 and 2. One will end up in an offensively starved Devils system, they will get tons of opportunity, but will lack quality linemates/a good 1st unit pp for most part. Other will end up in Philly, and they will be stuck behind Giroux for years and years.

Kaprizov will "likely" produce well right out of the gate when he hits NHL, plus in all likelihood will have some form of KHL out clause that Panarin had, so he'll more likely get quality minutes. Boudreau teams also play an up tempo style of hockey.

Nico/Nolan, not sure how they will be handled. NJ is desperate and might throw one of them into the fire before they are ready...hopefully they don't Gilbert Brule their prospect.
    Philly looks pretty conservative on how they handle their prospects, I could see either one of them (especially Nolan) toiling away on the 3rd line for the 1st couple of years.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd take Kaprizov for your pick now, his contract runs out after this season and I'd bet the wild do whatever they can to get him over.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    Kaprizov is putting up really good numbers playing in a men's league and has been playing in a men's league since the age of...18? 17?
    Nolan and Nico have looked great playing against kids their own age and younger, but we haven't seen them against men yet.

Not sure how Kaprizov will fit into Wild's lineup, should be a fixture in that top six, but 1st line? 2nd line? who does he play with, does he get 1st pp unit time?
    Nico and Nolan, if they do go 1 and 2. One will end up in an offensively starved Devils system, they will get tons of opportunity, but will lack quality linemates/a good 1st unit pp for most part. Other will end up in Philly, and they will be stuck behind Giroux for years and years.

Kaprizov will "likely" produce well right out of the gate when he hits NHL, plus in all likelihood will have some form of KHL out clause that Panarin had, so he'll more likely get quality minutes. Boudreau teams also play an up tempo style of hockey.

Nico/Nolan, not sure how they will be handled. NJ is desperate and might throw one of them into the fire before they are ready...hopefully they don't Gilbert Brule their prospect.
    Philly looks pretty conservative on how they handle their prospects, I could see either one of them (especially Nolan) toiling away on the 3rd line for the 1st couple of years.
    Panarin was signed as a UFA - Kaprizov was drafted & Min holds his rights. Thus, he doesn't have the same negotiation power for extra clauses. He can always pull a Tryamkin and just go back as a RFA at the end of his entry deal
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

[QUOTE=Jouko

I agree with this logic. Especially around draft time, when the value of picks is through the roof.

And I also agree that this year's draft is underrated. Last year's draft will end out being one for the ages. Matthews and Laine already are top end NHLers. Keller is looking like the next closest thing to Patty Kane. McAvoy and Chychurn are looking good. Tkachuk is already leaving a dent... That's a really tough act to follow. I think guys like Mittlestadt, Viliardi, Glass, Miro, etc. are going to surprise.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I would trade 1st overall for him, and that is how high I am on him. But definitely go with the lowest pick first. Many people are scared of the "KHL" factor, and draft picks are always over-valued around draft time
    I agree 100% with Rodgort. Kaprizov makes you wait a year, but then you get a better player.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks everyone, REP given where possible!

Going to make the move to try and acquire him.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Star

I'd take Kaprizov over the entire 2017 class.