Thread: Rank Sharks young forwards (NHL and prospects)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Rank Sharks young forwards (NHL and prospects)

The Sharks have a ton of young forwards that either broke through to the NHL recently or are about to. How would you rank the following long term (dynasty league) - let's say, point only, and around how many points as a realistic upside:

Timo Meier
    Joonas Donskoi
    Melker Karlsson
    Kevin Lablanc
    Danny O'Regan
    Rourke Chartier
    Maxim Letunov
    Marcus Sorensen
    Chris Tierney
    Ryan Carpenter

If I'm missing anyone, feel free to add them in.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Rank Sharks young forwards (NHL and prospects)

I would love to say that Meier in two years, will be like what Niederreiter was finally like last year. Not sure if he has it in him, but thats my hope!

Donskoi is looking like he will be a 3rd line winger, with some upside. May be undervalued if you are drafting in a deep league; injuries were a large part of his sophomore slump.

Tierney I can see moving in and out of the lineup as a bottom 6 center.

Many of those guys won't crack the lineup next year, but San Jose is getting older and I expect many of these guys to arrive in a wave in the next couple years.

Edit:
    Oh, and Karlsson will play a similar role as Donskoi, 2nd or 3rd line winger. Locked into the top 9.

Dobber Sports Stud

Meier and Labanc and tops. Labanc may grab more points but if you're looking for peripheral cats too, which apparently you are not, Meier will be studly.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Meier and Labanc are 1 and 2 respectively for me. O'Regan is interesting though...
    LookoutBergman 20-Team 32-man (+10 Farm) Dynasty: G,A,Pt,+/-,GWG,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blks,FOW

C: Hischier, Spezza, Shipachyov, Dvorak, D Strome
    LW: Meier, Labanc, Connor, Boedker
    RW: Oshie, Puljujarvi, Boeser, Prince, Stafford
    D: Ekblad, Matheson, Honka, Ceci, Oduya, Polak, Irwin
    G: Quick, Darling, Coreau
    F: Glass, Pettersson, Kaprizov, Gusev, Walman

The Magnificent One

What this list mostly does is reinforce how SJ is likely to be a worse team 3-5 years from now, if not sooner.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    What this list mostly does is reinforce how SJ is likely to be a worse team 3-5 years from now, if not sooner.
    They have to be... Like the Red Wings.. at the top for so long.. a crash has to come.. No one can draft so well in the late stages of every round so as to remain on top forever... (I am applying my own fantasy fate here too lol...).

Meier is tops for me. Labanc is a good prospect but I don't know that his scoring rate translates to the NHL consistently like it did in Junior and Minor Pro. I really like Donskoi, you know what you get but the upside is limited. Tierney is a defensive player: Curtis Brown #2. The rest of the guys are huge rolls of the dice. I would focus on Meier in terms of the most skilled.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Agree with RD here... If Marleau, and probably more so Thornton, I think that forward corps gets really thin really quickly - yes those two may not post as many points anymore but it does mean that there are secondary options if the oppositions d keys in on a line... Without those two I do question the scoring depth especially if the top line is going against the top d
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Does Hertl get counted into this group? I think Donskoi and Karlsson have been in SJ for almost as long as him because he was out for so long with injuries. Still not sure about him...
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LookoutBergman View Post
    Meier and Labanc are 1 and 2 respectively for me. O'Regan is interesting though...
    This would've been my answer. And I don't see any of them as elite players. You might get a 60 points season if things really came together.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Meier and Labanc are the two best on that list as far as upside goes (and in that order too). I do like Letunov. I dont think people are high enough on him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."