Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crawford vs Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Crawford vs Vasilevskiy

I own Crawford in a roto league... its like playing Russian Roulette with him. I almost never have confidence that he will put up a Quality Start. He has plenty of them, don't get me wrong, and sometimes carries the team. But other times he just disapears, or the Hawks let in 4+ goals several games in a row inexplicably.

Going with Vas on this one, although I don't think Vas is fully ready to be a workhouse and will stumble throughout the year. Similar to how Matt Murray put up a great season last year but wasn't quite ready to be out there on his own.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yeah, he's going to be the guy for the whole year and the pressure will be on him to put the Bolts in the playoffs. His friend in Winnipeg was supposed to do the same this year for his team and struggled.
    As an owner of both young tenders in my dynasty league, I am way more sold on Vasilevskiy as a long term elite talent. Hellebuyck I am hopeful for, but I don't see him as nearly as much of a can't miss talent.

I would not trade away Vasi for Crawford in my league (despite being a Hawks fan), but I would trade Hellebuyck for him if the other owner was interested. He is definitely not.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Hellebuyck I am hopeful for, but I don't see him as nearly as much of a can't miss talent.
    That's so easy to claim AFTER such a bad year lol

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is a tough one. As a Crawford owner on a team that has Sid, Ovie and Giroux (older but great), I think I would try to get Vas and some picks to make it worthwhile for me.

If I were rebuilding I would try to do the same but would probably trade them straight up if it came down to it.

So I guess Im with the majority in saying Crawford next year and Vas beyond.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That's so easy to claim AFTER such a bad year lol
    I felt the same way near the end of the 2015-16 season when Hellebuyck had put up very solid numbers. I owned both Helle and Vas at that point and had a trade on the table where I could send either one of them away on my end to get the guys I wanted. I chose to trade Helle and keep Vasi. Then halfway through this season I reacquired Helle when his value had dropped.

There has never been a point that I have felt that Hellebuyck is as much of a can't miss talent as Vasi. But this is just personal opinion, I am sure there are plenty out there who have thought or do think that Helle is the better option.