Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nolan Patrick or any of these player

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nolan Patrick or any of these player

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Attachment 3750

I wouldn't chance it for any of those 4.

Patrick is not Auston Matthews or Laine who we KNEW was going to be a huge deal. He is a guy you hope gets to their level
    None of the guys he's comparing Patrick to were 1st overalls either in the real NHL draft or (and I'd bet the bank on this statement) in their respective fantasy drafts either. In fact, I'd be the only one of the players being questioned was a top 3 fantasy pick (Huberdeau). My point being, you just never know until it all washes out. Good chance, the player that the majority like the most here (Pasternak) was probably drafted in most fantasy drafts lower than everyone else in question here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Nolan Patrick or any of these player

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    None of the guys he's comparing Patrick to were 1st overalls either in the real NHL draft or (and I'd bet the bank on this statement) in their respective fantasy drafts either. In fact, I'd be the only one of the players being questioned was a top 3 fantasy pick (Huberdeau). My point being, you just never know until it all washes out. Good chance, the player that the majority like the most here (Pasternak) was probably drafted in most fantasy drafts lower than everyone else in question here.
    I don't necessarily think it's fair to compare the hype of a first overall pick to established players, regardless of where they were actually drafted, as that was not the comparison being made by "J0e Th0rnt0n". "J0e Th0rnt0n"'s point was that not all first overall picks are equal, and that Patrick will be no Matthews (or Laine). I think that's a very valid point, given that the only reason his name is even being mentioned is because of the likelihood that he will be picked first overall.

I do agree that the player in the list with the highest upside would likely be Pastrnak.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi