Thread: Alex Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Alex Galchenyuk

what peoples opinions on Alex Galchenyuk going forward?, for the past 2 or so seasons he was supposed to take that next step but just hasn't done that, looked like he was gonna pre-injury then found himself being outplayed by Danault, think he takes that next step or is what we are seeing is what to expect going forward?

* also dobber post #100 *
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Alex Galchenyuk

Tough to say about Galchenyuk right now. He's the main trade bait if the Habs make a deal to improve their offence, so he could be playing somewhere else next season.

If he's not dealt, it will be interesting to see where he slots next year. Even if he's a winger, he should be in the top six instead of third or fourth line. He'll still get top power play time as it stands. But if the Habs bring in more help to improve their scoring, it could push him down to the second unit.

I will always believe Therrien ruined him by not using him properly his first couple of years in the league. Galchenyuk took 15 faceoffs in 65 games as a sophomore. How's he going to improve on faceoffs if he never takes them?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

I too am worried about Galch's long-term outlook. I bailed on him at the end of last season in a points only league. I don't think the Habs will move him....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Galchenyuk's foreseeable future is obviously pretty uncertain. There's the way he'll be treated in Montreal in terms of defensive trust, position, offensive line mates, etc. There's also the win-now window of Price, Weber, and Pacioretty which raises the possibility of moving Galchenyuk - you've got to think it'd only be considered for a guy with proven capability at C. A trade is totally possible but I agree that it's unlikely. The Habs badly need top-6 scoring/skill. Due to the value of Centres, I don't see Galchenyuk's potential production being traded for a guy that can compare to that AND play Centre - not without also giving up more, and Montreal can hardly afford that.

He'll probably be a a 45-60pt guy (injuries may continue to reduce GP) that's mainly playing somewhere in MTL's middle-6 this year and beyond until something changes.

Dobber Sports Star

im not high on Galy anymore through no fault of his own. Therrien and so far Julien havent let him play through his mistakes to grow. There's always going to be an element of risk when letting a young talented player learn to score consistently. skilled players need to play with skilled players, playing him with plugs isnt going to do anything.

This short sightedness is definitely a coaching/management issue. You gotta put a player in a position to succeed, if hes not ready keep him in the minors. instead, Galy's trajectory has been a roller coaster. i definitely wont reach for him, only if hes a good value.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I will always believe Therrien ruined him by not using him properly his first couple of years in the league. Galchenyuk took 15 faceoffs in 65 games as a sophomore. How's he going to improve on faceoffs if he never takes them?
    This. Setup to fail from almost day one. Montreal just doesn't know how to develop young talent.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

If he hadn't found his way in the league yet, I'd be worried but he's already shown he can produce in the league. Geez, he had 41 points in 61 games (and people thought this was a down year) last year and had a 30G season the year before. People need to relax. Galchenyuk will be fine.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

He's best suited for a run and gun team willing to look past his shortcomings in FO and defense. In other words, the exact opposite of his current reality in Montreal.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pray for a trade out of Montreal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

MTL hurts him a lot. Its a total mystery why a team in dire need of offense would bury probably their most offensively creative player, but that's la bleu blanc rouge...

It all depends on your expectations with Galchenyuk really. Will he ever clear 80pts? no. Will he consistently clear 55-60? could easily see that. So I wouldn't build a team around him but I wouldn't shy away as a depth player
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Superstar

has to be with Max and Rads full time as their center. Team not deep at forward skill wise and he needs skilled linemates to maximize his output. He has all the skill in the world but he cannot Lemieux it and dominate single handedly, whom he drops the biscuit too needs to have the ability to deposit it in the basket consistently and the likes of Torrey Mitchell on his wing at times is not going to cut it.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov