Thread: Ersberg: Will he start?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ersberg: Will he start?

Just as an overview, I got hosed on a Yahoo 18 team league over the weekend. Unbeknownst to myself or my co-manager, co-managers are not allowed to draft this year. So, while I was in the middle of the Atlantic on a cruise, he sat and watched in frustration as Yahoo auto-drafted for me.

Goalies are at a premium and you have to hit 4 goalie starts a week or lose all of the goalie stats. I wound up with Luongo, Ersberg and Bacashihua. I\'m going to try to trade for Sanford so I can have that tandem. But I am wondering if I should hold onto Ersberg and try to acquire Labarbera or Bernier, or if I should try to move him to one of the managers who own those guys and try to get someone else.

Thoughts?
    14 team keeper league
    C: Zetterberg, Pavelski, Hecht, S. Koivu, McDonald, Cogliano, Grabovski, C. O'Reilly
    LW: Vanek, Rolston, Prospal, Boedker, Kulemin, Pyatt, MacLean, Raymond
    RW: Doan, Brown, Vrbata, Parenteau, Ward, Butler, Wheeler
    D: Markov, Wideman, Enstrom, M. Carle, Colaiacovo, Del Zotto, Tyutin
    G: Luongo, Ward, Riemer, Nittymaki, Garon
    Prospects: R. Johansen, K. Kabanov, D. Rundblad

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think he plays the most in LA, but that only means 40 games.

Labarbera is an awful goalie, and Bernier isn\'t ready.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ersberg is having a pretty good pre-season and Labarbera came into camp in the best shape of his life. Labarbera is reportedly quicker without the extra body fat. Could be nothing or could be very interesting as the guy was so dominant in the AHL.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would go after Labarbera - it is probably the easiest and cheapest route to getting in your goalie starts. Not sure you want to stay on that but to start on that might not be bad.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Labarbera has been awful and Ersberg has been average. The best goalie according to some sources has actually been Quick, though I\'d be surprised to see him steal a spot from Ersberg.

At the end of the day, the goaltending situation in LA is a mess for now until Bernier is ready to go.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

doulos wrote:
    Labarbera has been awful and Ersberg has been average. The best goalie according to some sources has actually been Quick, though I\'d be surprised to see him steal a spot from Ersberg.

At the end of the day, the goaltending situation in LA is a mess for now until Bernier is ready to go.
    Or until they deal for Khabibulin

Dobber Sports Ace

why can\'t co-managers draft in your league?

Auto drafts in a 18 team league sounds really crappy to say the least.

You might be in tough finding your 4 starts every week until things shake out a bit more.

I think Ersberg has a 50% chance of starting but he hold on it will be tenous as the LA defence is still going to give up alot of goals this year.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I\'m not sure. It\'s not just in my league. I think it\'s Yahoo-wide. My co-owner poured through the FAQ and couldn\'t find a reason why this feature is not available anymore. I think it\'s a crock of ****, because last year I was able to draft for a buddy of mine as a co-manager.

UPDATE: I was able to acquire Sanford, so I have the Vancouver goalies shored up. Now, I am trying to remedy this LA thing with Ersberg. At least Bernier was sent down, so that narrows it down to Labarbera. I just need to wait it out now to see if they grab Khabi or not. Hopefully, he goes somewhere else. But, I can\'t think of a team as hosed in net as LA is. I guess I better strap in for a loooooong, losing season. :S
    14 team keeper league
    C: Zetterberg, Pavelski, Hecht, S. Koivu, McDonald, Cogliano, Grabovski, C. O'Reilly

Dobber Sports Giant

I\'ve read this morning that LaBarbara has been identified as the number one goalie for now.

Here\'s the link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...4687702.column

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for that link. I just grabbed Quick off the wire as a precaution. Now I\'ll set my sights on Labarbera and hope I don\'t have to sell the farm to get him.

Thanks again! B)
    14 team keeper league

Dobber Sports Giant

You\'re very welcome!

Good luck!