Thread: Trying to repeat.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trying to repeat.

I was talkin with a gm and was offered
    Marner and Rantanen for Gadreau then after that Giroux for Skinner in separate deals .

I am warry if the first because I'm unsure of marner but love rantanen(next possible kucherov kind)

Do either of these deals jeopardize my chance to repeat? League in signature
    10 Team Full Keeper.
    Goals:3, Assist:2, PPP/SHP: 1, Hit: .2, Sog: .2 ,Blocks: .2
    Win:3, Shutout: 2, Save: .2, GoalAgainst: -1

Forwards: Gadreau, Monohan, Draisaitl,
    P.Kane,Pastranek,Panarin,Bergeron,Voracek,Kuznetso v,huberdeau

Defence: Hamilton,Doughty,Josi ,Ghost

Goalies: Bob,Helleybuck,Rittich

Farm: Kratsov,Q.Hughes, Suzucki, Whalstrom, puljarvi

Head to Head points based. Keep 3F,2D,1G
    Goals2,Assist1,Gwg1,Hatrick3,ShG1,SGWG1,Pim.2,+/- .5, Ppg1,Shg2

F: Gadreau,Ehlers,Johansen
    D:Risto,Parayko
    G:Vasilevski

I...am your father.

Default Re: Trying to repeat.

Rantanen is not a possible Kucherov. Marner is, if anything. But I'd rather have Gaudreau. I'd push for more in that Skinner deal - he's riding some pretty high value and Giroux at an all-time low. You can do better, believe it or not
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with Dobber. Neither deal is bad, but you can do better. Marner is definitely the main piece of the first deal, not Rantanen.
    Is it the same GM offering you both deals? If so then maybe you can make it one big deal and get him to add a solid sweetener to make it happen.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    I was talkin with a gm and was offered
    Marner and Rantanen for Gadreau then after that Giroux for Skinner in separate deals .

I am warry if the first because I'm unsure of marner but love rantanen(next possible kucherov kind)

Do either of these deals jeopardize my chance to repeat? League in signature
    I like the Giroux deal. If trying to repeat, keep Johnny Hockey (unless you can get a 2nd significant player to Marner)

The Great One

I actually prefer the first deal to the second but even then I'm not sure I do it unless I have 0 depth...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

It's hard to imagine getting more for either of them in my league at least. But in my case I do have some depth but it is Bergeron Reinharht fabbri wennberg

The Great One

If I can keep everyone every year then I would definitely consider deal 1... Out of interest though who are the better players available on waivers?

Yeah our league is a 10 team full keep 20 roster with the goals being 3 to assist 2. And waiver options off the top of my head would be Coyle,Neideritter, Jordan stall filigno and Nash

The Great One

Don't overrate Rantanen. Do properly rate Marner (hint - he's superb). Gaudreau is weak in multi-cat, particularly your categories.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Yes it is painful to see a guy like him be less worthy then a guy who will get less points bit idk. Should I then ask for an upgrade on rantanrn ?

Yes it is painful to see a guy like him be less worthy then a guy who will get less points bit idk. Should I then ask for an upgrade on rantanrn ?

The Great One

I think Rantanen is good enough bit of you think the other GM would upgrade him I may try and add an additional player in to upgrade another of yours but I like the deal as is if there are no drops involved...