Thread: Varna Bjork - Full timers?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Varna Bjork - Full timers?

Will these guys be full timers this year? What are some realistic expectations?

Administrator

Default Re: Varna Bjork - Full timers?

I think Vrana will be up and will have a pattern similar to Burakovsky breaking into the league. I'm not as optimistic about Bjork making the jump next year. He's progressing well but it's still such a huge jump from college to the NHL including more games on the schedule.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think Vrana will be up and will have a pattern similar to Burakovsky breaking into the league. I'm not as optimistic about Bjork making the jump next year. He's progressing well but it's still such a huge jump from college to the NHL including more games on the schedule.
    I agree completely with Eric. Vrana will find his way to full time duty but it will be mainly in a bottom six format with the odd shuffle to the top six from time to time (which people will overreact to and expect it full time but will be disappointed). I can see him in the 15-20G, 20-25 assist range next year.

I would be surprised if Bjork made a full time contribution next year but it's not completely out of the question. If he does stick around, I dont expect much from him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree as above, Washington will have a spot open even after FA, and Vrana did have good moments during his callups this year. Bjork will have a full compliment of forwards to beat out already in the pros, whether they are below him in skill level or not - guys like Cehlarik, Czarnik, DeBrusk, Heinen - not to mention Senyshyn and Frederic coming along as well. Let him prove himself first and maybe a mid-year callup will showcase what he can do. He's played the first 5 games at Worlds but has sat the last two... again, he's a really good prospect but I think needs a year.

Also, he still hasn't signed his pro contract, so he could still go back to college.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+