Thread: Ivan Barbashev

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Ivan Barbashev

What projections do you see for him 1 year/3years? Goals? Assists? Peripherals?

Who does he play with next season?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Ivan Barbashev

I think he'll be like Martin Hanzal but without the injuries. So something like low 40s early on, and high 50s in three years.

http://dobberhockey.com/players/ivan-barbashev
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Agree with Dobber - also have to wonder if he can consistently sit in that top 6 and right now I'm not sure he will
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

I can see Barbashev being a 65 point guy.

I guess I like him more than Dobber and Sulla.

This guy hasn't slowed down since being drafted. Loads of offensive potential and I think he will put it all together.

.91 points per games as a rookie in the Q
    1.41 ppg as a sophomore in the Q, and also his draft year. Made the World Junior team. Drafted 3rd pick in the 2nd round.
    1.66 ppg as a draft+1 prospect. Made World Junior team.

.43 ppg as a rookie in the AHL.
    .80 ppg as a sophomore in the AHL. Which was this year.

He got called up in January and averaged 8 minutes played in his first 5 games.

The last 10 games of the year he averaged 13 min. And the last 5 games he averaged 15 minutes and Barbashev finished up the regular season on the top line, winged by Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko, and he had a four-game point streak entering the postseason.

He centered the top line for games 1,2 and 3 in the first series. Skating about 17 minutes a game with PP time.

Evenutally Yeo switched up the lines and he pretty much a scratch the rest of the playoffs.

He's already earned the trust of the coaching staff that he is a top 6 player.

Next year the Blues still have Perron and Stastny on the books, and when those deals expire I think Barbashev will explode on the scene.

I own him in my league and I wouldn't mind another year in the AHL. As long as he improves on that .80 ppg number Im happy.

The Great One

That time frame may not be far off but when those guys come off the books the Blues also have a lot of space to go and get a top line Centre which some may argue Tarasenko has never had....

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    That time frame may not be far off but when those guys come off the books the Blues also have a lot of space to go and get a top line Centre which some may argue Tarasenko has never had....
    Stastny no??? heh (oops on that one!)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I see him as someone who won't win you a league, but as a potential good supporting piece. I also agree with others - he's likely at least a couple of years from being a regularly rosterable player in all but the deepest leagues.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Stastny no??? heh (oops on that one!)
    Lot they could make the same mistake as last time with Sta... Oh

Dobber Sports Monster

Whats your guys opinion on him now? 60-65 pt potential?

Dobber Sports Expert

I wish. I have my doubts he'll get the ice-time to hit 60 in St. Louis and I'm starting to worry he could pull a Sobotka and bolt for the KHL when his contract is up after this season. The Blues have a few prospects who can pass him on the depth chart in short order.

One bright spot though is that talk of Robert Thomas making the Blues out of camp and starting the year as the 4C have been ramping up as camp approaches. Barbashev could make good use of limited ice-time if he can lineup on the left-side of Thomas who shoots right. Maybe they can develop some chemistry?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I wish. I have my doubts he'll get the ice-time to hit 60 in St. Louis and I'm starting to worry he could pull a Sobotka and bolt for the KHL when his contract is up after this season. The Blues have a few prospects who can pass him on the depth chart in short order.

One bright spot though is that talk of Robert Thomas making the Blues out of camp and starting the year as the 4C have been ramping up as camp approaches. Barbashev could make good use of limited ice-time if he can lineup on the left-side of Thomas who shoots right. Maybe they can develop some chemistry?
    Funny you speak about Sobotka ... I moved Sobotka for Barbashev and Chiarot in a multi-cat league this morning