Thread: Madden 18 cover

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Madden 18 cover

LOOOOOOOOVE it!!

Curse or no curse, Brady's got nothing to lose (or jinx) at this point! This is definitely one of my favorite's!

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Madden 18 cover

I'm hesitant about Madden 18... it feels like might not be as well filled out as it should be.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I'm hesitant about Madden 18... it feels like might not be as well filled out as it should be.

Hehe, I almost asked ''what do you mean'' but then it hit me
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Administrator

Meh, at this point Brady kind of sucks the air out of the room.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am contemplating actually buying Madden again.. its been a while... not as much time for games as there was in the good ol' days!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am contemplating actually buying Madden again.. its been a while... not as much time for games as there was in the good ol' days!
    It's actually good that you skip a few years. For the EA franchises, other than a few game mechanics upgrades here and there and the rosters being updated, there's not a huge difference from one year to another.

i.e. if you played Madden 12 last and now you play the 18, then you'll be pretty pleased with the product.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    It's actually good that you skip a few years. For the EA franchises, other than a few game mechanics upgrades here and there and the rosters being updated, there's not a huge difference from one year to another.

i.e. if you played Madden 12 last and now you play the 18, then you'll be pretty pleased with the product.
    Yep I mostly skip and buy every two years. It keeps the games fresh and gives you more than just a roster update. At this point it's not like they're revolutionizing the game every year. I still remember when NHL came out with a trailer for whatever year and the first change they showed was BROKEN STICKS! Yes...in an actual gameplay trailer it emphasized that sticks would break, then showed the player skating to the bench to grab a new one

As for "The Curse".....Pats will probably go undefeated or soemthing

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I still remember when NHL came out with a trailer for whatever year and the first change they showed was BROKEN STICKS! Yes...in an actual gameplay trailer it emphasized that sticks would break, then showed the player skating to the bench to grab a new one
    Haha, yes!!! NHL 11's main feature was just that!

Skip a year or 2 and you'll get the broken stick, the jumping over a diving player and some precision passing

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Madden 2005 had the best feature added. So Madden 2004 was the Vick game, you couldn't stop him. Couple the addition of a 99 Vick and offensive hot routes, better blocking dynamics and such for offense, you literally couldn't stop drives. EA Sports heard the pissed off cries of gamers and added in.....THE HIT STICK. You could finally crush the guys just running around with Vick and get a fumble more often than not. They added hot routes for LB, CB/WR specific matchups, and some other defensive adjustments added to the game.

Madden 2005 gets overlooked because NFL 2k5 came out that yr too, but the Hit Stick is so popular now (you use it every hit we all know it) that it has to be the best added feature from one yr to the next.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll