Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scott Darling

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Scott Darling

Hello All,

I have Scott Darling as my drop goalie in a 12 team keeper league (in sig) and now I'm not sure if I should be changing my view on him. I don't think he replaces either goalie on my team, but my question i: Should I pursue dealing say Lundqvist and look at running with Crawford/Darling? or is it way too soon for that?

Thanks and will rep
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Scott Darling

I don't think it's too soon, Car. is trending up and Darling wasn't brought in to be Wards brides-maid. It could be a bit of a up and down year if they platoon to start. Lundy looked good these playoffs, I'd be trying to parlay him for something of value to fill a void on my roster. I would prepare for a 50-50 split to start next season though. I believe that will be worst case scenario for Darling.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

If you can move Lundy, you can move Darling, right?.

I would move the one that can fetch you the biggest return. If it was me, I would try to keep Lundqvist and ''sell'' Darling. If you can't, it depends on what you can get for Lundqvist... if the return is minimal, I would prefer to hold on to Lundy/Crawford
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

I would move any one of the three goalies for an upgrade on either D (a dman who can stay healthy over Letang) or F, and be happy with the other two.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I don't think it's too soon, Car. is trending up and Darling wasn't brought in to be Wards brides-maid. It could be a bit of a up and down year if they platoon to start. Lundy looked good these playoffs, I'd be trying to parlay him for something of value to fill a void on my roster. I would prepare for a 50-50 split to start next season though. I believe that will be worst case scenario for Darling.
    I concur. Lundqvist improved his value as the season went on but he will eventually start to peter out. I liken his situation to Roberto Luongo's; He has been one of the best goalies to own over the years but he got older and his skills deteriorated to the point where his now fighting Reimer for playing time. I traded Luongo for a very good goalie a few years back and don't regret it one bit.

On another note... I see that your league has FW (faceoff wins?) and you appear to not have Center and Wing positions differentiated. If this is the case, wouldn't it be wise to try and acquire rugged Centermen that shoot a lot?
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi Nehithaw,

We do actually differentiate c/w (no lw/rw split though). I just got lazy in my sig. I'll fix that
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

The Great One

Personally I like Hank as a sell here if the value is there...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It really depends on how the other managers in your league usually tackle things. If they're generally after the big names, you sell Lundqvist. I've been in some "youth crazy" league too though, so if the other managers always want players that they think can produce for them for another decade or so, then you sell Darling (although he isn't quite a spring chicken any more, either...).
    Ideally you know the preferences of each individual manager and offer Lundqvist to the first breed of managers and Darling to the second breed...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would look to sell lundqvist myself the return will be bigger. While the kings stock is on the decline darlings should be on the rise.
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

The Magnificent One

I'm also thinking you should at least dangle Darling's name out there You never know - someone might be really bullish on him and could overpay. Remember - for every Cory Schneider, Mikka Kipprusoff, and Martin Jones there's a Vesa Toskala, Martin Gerber, and Roman Turek.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I'm also thinking you should at least dangle Darling's name out there You never know - someone might be really bullish on him and could overpay. Remember - for every Cory Schneider, Mikka Kipprusoff, and Martin Jones there's a Vesa Toskala, Martin Gerber, and Roman Turek.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

Lundqvist is getting old, but Darling is so far unproven and is going to one of the worst teams in the league. Yes they are trending up, but.......Its still Carolina. I am not as enamored with the idea that they have improved as some seem to be.

And keep in mind I was one of the only ones strongly advocating Talbot being a terrific keeper goalie moving forward this past offseason while most were trashing the Oilers saying "but it's the Oilers, they will flop again"
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm excited for Darling next year. I can't bring myself to keep him, as I feel I will be able to redraft him at a decent value. Carolina's defense is awesome, getting batter, and they play a great system. This could be like the Martin Jones emergence a couple of years ago in SJ.

Personally I would be tempted to dangle Crawford and stick with Lundy & Darling. The old and the new, set for a while. I feel like Chicago is following the progression curve of the Detroit several years ago. They are hot when they're hot, but every few games they let in 4+ goals, always do well enough to make the playoffs, but never get very far once they make it. Maintaining the streak year after year.

The Great One

Yea I might dangle Darling but I feel like Lundqvists name value combined with a very strong post season will have likely re-invigorated his trade value. Hes still probably a league average goalie who will be trnding down wheras Darling is (hopefully) a league average goalie with upside. I dont like the idea of shopping CC yet with your roster. Hes definitely a good "sell" candidate coming up here but you have no replacement. I just moved CC for Vas+. If you could do something like that I think youre styling (andersen on the leafs, Allen or Gibby- are in this mould too I would think).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm in the same boat in my league with Darling. For you, like others have said, I would dangle both Darling/Lundy and see what the return on either of them is.
    I would also ask yourself, if you are an honest contender for next year, or if you should maybe rebuild. Honest shot at winning = keep Lundy unless someone will overpay you for him.
    All things being equal, I myself would keep Darling.

Just wondering if I could get some advice on my Darling situation if any would be happy to oblige me?

Quick and short of it is, I won my league this year and I feel I have a very good shot to repeat or finish highly.
    My goalies are Allen $7, Price $28 (Franchised Player, so I lose him end of this upcoming year automatically and goes back into auction) Darling $5.
    Should I just keep Allen/Price and put forth my best team? or try to parley one of Allen/Price into a really nice return and buy a goalie at auction (Goalies don't come cheap ie; last year Crawford $38, Rask $30, Rinne $25, Elliot $20 etc)
    Darling looks ready to be a starter, looking and being two different things though, plus Carolina looks to be on the upswing...it still is Carolina though.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    I'm in the same boat in my league with Darling. For you, like others have said, I would dangle both Darling/Lundy and see what the return on either of them is.
    I would also ask yourself, if you are an honest contender for next year, or if you should maybe rebuild. Honest shot at winning = keep Lundy unless someone will overpay you for him.
    All things being equal, I myself would keep Darling.

Just wondering if I could get some advice on my Darling situation if any would be happy to oblige me?

Quick and short of it is, I won my league this year and I feel I have a very good shot to repeat or finish highly.
    My goalies are Allen $7, Price $28 (Franchised Player, so I lose him end of this upcoming year automatically and goes back into auction) Darling $5.
    Should I just keep Allen/Price and put forth my best team? or try to parley one of Allen/Price into a really nice return and buy a goalie at auction (Goalies don't come cheap ie; last year Crawford $38, Rask $30, Rinne $25, Elliot $20 etc)
    Darling looks ready to be a starter, looking and being two different things though, plus Carolina looks to be on the upswing...it still is Carolina though.
    I think it depends on what trading Price net you in return? Maybe package him and Granlund (who most would see as a steal at $5 but I think has zero chance of coming close to that type of production in 2017-18) for a stud d-man? On a related note, I think McDonagh is an iffy keeper at $13. Or to put it another way, I might be keeping Buff at $22 over McDonagh at $13.

Also, Dubinsky still might be a keeper, even at $17. Other than Kesler I'm not sure anyone gives you as much across the board contribution in these categories as him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/