Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Detroit

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Detroit

Is Mrazek the 1a next year? If so, can he handle it? Mrazek projections for next season?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Detroit

I think Coreau is the 1a, with Howard the 1b, and Mrazek leaving via trade or expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think Coreau is the 1a, with Howard the 1b, and Mrazek leaving via trade or expansion draft.
    I think there is no way Mrazek leaves Detroit. He is the most talented of the three, despite this difficult year. I think either Coreau is traded or Howard is bought out, with two years remaining... though that might not be possible (or they might not have an appetite).

I would bet on Mrazek being the opening day starter.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ya I can't see Mrazek going out. Coreau was ok this year and is manning GR in another West Conference Final in the AHL.....but I don't think he's 1a.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would expect Howard to be left unprotected and be an attractive option for LV to nab. Unless I'm really missing something here?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would expect Howard to be left unprotected and be an attractive option for LV to nab. Unless I'm really missing something here?
    I think this is a good option for LV as well... but it all depends on how they decide is the best way to fill there team and what other teams do with other attractive options.

Will LV decided to go with guys like Grubauer and Raanta? Or will they go with more experience and higher contract like Howard.

I think Mrazek will be the started in Detroit next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    All of Mrazek-Howard-Coreau are expansion eligible. Why would they take that contract for a sub-par goalie?

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not sure Detroit has a clue what their starting goalie situation will be going forward. As it stands right now, both Howard and Mrazek are still signed for next year but hard to say who will be between the pipes for them come opening night. One will be, but what one?

With Mrazeks contract coming due next off-season, I am not completely sold on him being there long term. I am not sure if Detroit is going to invest big money in him like he'll most likely come looking for. Howard still has two years left on his deal. Howard was clearly the better of the two goalies last year.

A lot of question marks in Detroits net and if it's me, I am avoiding that whole situation like the plague until after the expansion draft/ rookie draft when you should have a clearer picture who may or may not be in Detroit come September.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

All of Mrazek-Howard-Coreau are expansion eligible. Why would they take that contract for a sub-par goalie?
    I'm fully expecting a couple higher salary selections from LV as they bump the cap floor. Howard wasn't that bad last year, he's better than a lot of other options from teams & Det will protect Mrazek, I'm taking Howard over Coreau and if I can get say, Raanta, I've got a solid 1-2 for my net in year 1.

If you do the expansion draft process, Vegas is going to have no problems getting to the cap floor. They aren't going to take big contracts just for that reason.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you do the expansion draft process, Vegas is going to have no problems getting to the cap floor. They aren't going to take big contracts just for that reason.
    Fair, but I've also seen some scenarios where the simulation draft is done with a specific strategy in mind and this is exactly what they do. Regardless what LV does do, this is an option, maybe Holland sweetens it with a pick to entice them more into taking JH.

It's Mrazek's net in any event.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Mrazek
    Howard (because of contract)
    Coreau

I don't think Mrazek is anywhere near as bad as his stats this year.
    I think mentally it was a defeating year for the Wings - who arguably have the worst D in the NHL.
    Goalies are prone to the sophmore slump, the expectations of being the 1a after taking the reigns.
    Carey Price's 2nd season wasn't very good.

Howard is a solid guy, but solid is only good on an Osgood-elite-level offensive team like the 90s/00s Wings.
    Mrazek, I think, has the skills to be a top 10 NHL goalie... but I don't think we'll see it this coming year or next because Detroit is just so bad... their D is atrocious, IMO.

DET will protect Mrazek and be left with Howards' yuck contract.

Projections: 2/3rd of starts, so 54gp 22w-28l-6otl, .910sv% 2.75gaa

Dobber Sports Master

With all of the talk of Vegas taking goalies from other teams, Vegas will ice 6 starting goalies next year....
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    With all of the talk of Vegas taking goalies from other teams, Vegas will ice 6 starting goalies next year....
    And 12 third line forwards who are way overpaid for way too long.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Mrazek
    Howard (because of contract)
    Coreau

I don't think Mrazek is anywhere near as bad as his stats this year.
    I think mentally it was a defeating year for the Wings - who arguably have the worst D in the NHL.
    Goalies are prone to the sophmore slump, the expectations of being the 1a after taking the reigns.
    Carey Price's 2nd season wasn't very good.

Howard is a solid guy, but solid is only good on an Osgood-elite-level offensive team like the 90s/00s Wings.
    Mrazek, I think, has the skills to be a top 10 NHL goalie... but I don't think we'll see it this coming year or next because Detroit is just so bad... their D is atrocious, IMO.

DET will protect Mrazek and be left with Howards' yuck contract.

Projections: 2/3rd of starts, so 54gp 22w-28l-6otl, .910sv% 2.75gaa
    I agree that Detroit has bad D but that being said, Jimmy Howard had a career year (granted cut short due to injuries) with that crappy D and Mrazek was sketchy at best.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."