Thread: Dylan Stome/ puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dylan Stome/ puljujarvi

Been some debate over these 2 the last few months with many people/scouts picking out their faults. Who is the better own out of the 2 long term. I have puljarrvi and the owner of strome isn't too high on him. In a bigger trade including puljarrvi going the other way is it worth asking for strome to be included as a throw in?
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

The Great One

Default Re: Dylan Stome/ puljujarvi

Pool party for me - trajectory and wait times may be similiar but give me the prospect with the better supporting cast in the top 6 (and that's even if he doesn't play with McDavid)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

If the other GM isn't overly high on him, try acquiring DStrome by himself without having to lose Puljujarvi. I'd rather own them both than having to try and choose between them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I can't say that I have a really good read on either Puljujarvi or Strome yet.
    But... I like a young winger in EDM over somebody that might have to play 2-way NHL C on a bad ARI team.
    (and maybe that young winger is Caggiula!, we'll see... but EDM is the new PIT, where being a winger is just a good good thing for fantasy trade value)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The original trade I was planning on offering is hall and puljarrvi for draistil and strome. I'm heavy at left wing and weak at right. Want to get in oiler top six still but without the risk. Hall still is a possession monster on a weak team so the talent is still there. Hopefully name value will sway the owner

Dobber Sports Novice

I'd rather Pulj over Strome due to the supporting cast in EDM. Like Pengwin7 said, Strome might have to play 2-way C on bad Ari team whereas Pulj could potentially have the opportunity to thrive offensively, (Eberle out Pulj in? )

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd prefer puljujarvi if he's traded out of Edmonton. I'm still not convinced they can develop young players, aside from the generational stud McDavid the rest haven't lived up to their expectations.

As of now I'd take Strome, there's little to no competition for the 1st line C in Arizona. Keller will probably end up as a winger, Dvorak as a middle 6 C. If Strome ends up centering Keller/Domi etc he will be gold.

Both are still hard to judge so you can't go wrong with either at this point. If you can get Strome + for Puljujarvi I'd certainly entertain that option

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I'd prefer puljujarvi if he's traded out of Edmonton. I'm still not convinced they can develop young players, aside from the generational stud McDavid the rest haven't lived up to their expectations.

As of now I'd take Strome, there's little to no competition for the 1st line C in Arizona. Keller will probably end up as a winger, Dvorak as a middle 6 C. If Strome ends up centering Keller/Domi etc he will be gold.

Both are still hard to judge so you can't go wrong with either at this point. If you can get Strome + for Puljujarvi I'd certainly entertain that option
    I also would take Strome because I think Puljujarvi has a high chance of being a total bust - he strikes me as not too sharp in the hockey iq department. Draisaitl's development seems to indicate the Oilers are doing better in the young player development area though.

Dobber Sports Ace

Arizona has the following players that are 21 and under: Max Domi, Jakob Chychrun, Christian Dvorak, Lawson Crouse, Brendan Perlini, Clayton Keller, Dylan Strome, Christian Fischer, Anthony DeAngelo, Kyle Wood.

And it is fair to say that they will have the opportunity draft a good player with this year's 7th overall pick (my guess is a D-man) and with their team still young, should have another good pick in next year's draft.

With such a long list of potential impact players coming up the rankings for the Arizona Coyotes, I for one think it is very silly to say that they will continue to be a 'bad team'.

- Draisaitl will be very tough to acquire and it will take much more than Taylor Hall to get it done. He will cost you a lot but Strome might not.

- I would recommend that you hang onto Puljujarvi and acquire Strome using another asset.

- I would suggest starting off with players at the bottom of your list: fabbri, Hoffman, vatrano, Aho, Reinhart arvidsson. These are players that doing well now and getting a lot of exposure because of playing in the playoffs (Arvidsson and Hoffman)

I would swing for the homerun and acquire the player with a higher pedigree and that might have a high upside compared to older players that have played above their initial projections. Many fantasy hockey managers prefer to have a player that is producing now over a prospect that hasn't played in the NHL yet because it easier and less risky. I say strap some on and go for the big one. Your prediction might help you win one of these years.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Pro

Puljujarvi >>>>> Strome
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league