Thread: Montour/Chabot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Montour/Chabot

Been offered Chabot for Montour. Should I take the offer?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Montour/Chabot

My gut says more people like chabot, but I'll take Montour

Dobber Sports Monster

id take chabot here

Dobber Sports Master

Tempting, very tempting, but Montour is in the NHL now while Chabot is another year away. If you could get another piece, then I would do it.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Do it.

Chabot is better; He will put up more points and will have a higher trade value than Montour.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

The Great One

I side more with Bottlenecker here as I think Montour has easier access to top pp minutes if he proves himself whereas if Ottawa continues to go down the top loaded, one d man, route no one will usurp Karlsson...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll take Chabot here. I think both kids are good but I think Chabot is better.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I take Chabot if not for pedigree alone.

I was going to post some observations on Montour following this morning's ramblings.

I've watched him really closely since the beginning of the playoffs. He is very noticeable out there and not for the wrong reasons. Like Dobber hinted this morning, I try to compare him to Theodore in terms of impact on each game, ice time, game situations etc.

One thing is he is very, very fast. He also moves the puck fast. He doesn't hold onto it for very long and his outlet passes always seem to find someone. Defensively I only notice that he gets the puck out very quickly. His smooth, quick exists might have something to with the matchups he faces, but in any event, his exists are great. Offensively, he shoots a lot. He kind of reminds of me Justin Faulk for some reason. Great speed and quickness, a willingness and desire to head to the net and a willingness to shoot clappers at a high rate.

The reasons I think Theodore was getting the call-ups is 1) his draft pedigree and 2) he plays the game a little smarter than Montour. One example is his read of the ice in the offensive zone. While Montour is looking quickly for the shot (and takes it), Theodore looks for lanes. Defensively, Theodore looks physically stronger. Speed wise, Montour seems to have a quickness edge to him, but Theodore is no slouch in that department. He is slower than Montour at getting the puck out, though.

Theodore looked the better of the two in the first round. Since then, it has been Montour.

Predicting which of these guys will be the higher point scorer in the NHL... I have absolutely no idea. Theodore looks like the better minute muncher, but then again, Montour is getting more and more ice time and seemingly doing fine with it.

Montour has been very impressive. If given the opportunity, as I mentioned, I see shades of Justin Faulk. He is also a right handed shot, which is useful for the Ducks (or any team) on the PP.

On another note, I found it interesting that the pairing the Ducks used for the finals minutes, for what was at least 3 defensive zone face-offs and against an extra attacker, was none other than Fowler and......Vatanaen...! I will say, Vatanen held his own quite well in the zone as well. He impressed me last night. He fell off the Earth there offensively this year, but last night there were a lot of flashes of the guy we all thought he would become.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Chabot is likely to be the better all-around player, but Montour's pure offensive upside is right there with him. As far as future deployment, I'll take the "Shattenkirk" to Chabot's potential "Pietrangelo".

I see the same thing happening in Anaheim: Theo likely becomes a terrific two way player, but Montour's speed and offensive instincts likely pushes him towards the front of the line for prime offensive ice.

Montour might not have the pedigree of Chabot or even Theodore for that matter, but his development has been staggering. It's barely been two full years since he was playing the USHL. Since then he's racked up 99 points in 118 AHL contests (0.84 ppg) and is playing close to 20 minutes a night in the Western Conference finals for the Ducks.

Not too shabby.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post

Montour might not have the pedigree of Chabot or even Theodore for that matter, but his development has been staggering. It's barely been two full years since he was playing the USHL. Since then he's racked up 99 points in 118 AHL contests (0.84 ppg) and is playing close to 20 minutes a night in the Western Conference finals for the Ducks.

Not too shabby.
    I know! It's incredbile.. He doesn't look out of place at all and in fact, is driving the play rather than reacting. He looks like he's playing with no pressure at all. I have been impressed in this run.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Tough call for me.
    Chabot has Karlsson and Phaneuf's contract in front of him for ice time and powerplay time, but he could sneak into 2PP time or maybe even 1PP time with Karlsson
    Montour has a mishmash of players in front and with him: Vatanen (if he stays - likely gone in expansion), Carlyle loves Fowler, Lindholm should get most 5v5 time, Manson should get lots of 5v5 and pk time, Bieksa stinks so no problem there, and Theodore can grab pp and 5v5 time as well. Then there is Larsson coming up as well! Damn ANA is so stacked in the pipeline haha

I would probably go with Montour as he seems safer and likely a higher floor with all the dmen getting points, but he should gets lots of PP time
    Chabot likely has the higher Off. ceiling if he can make the #1PP but he could turn out to be another Ceci in the end.
    I don't think you can go wrong with either honestly
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Stud

I prefer Montour here just for the fact that he is playing now. (just like the others have said).

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd take Chabot personally. Just won MVP in his playoffs and should be a Sen next year. Montour took years in the AHL to get where he is and I'd still look at Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen and Theodore as guys he's battling.

The Great One

Your sig is an usual league. Are you saying that you need to start 4D each week among the 5 you have, including Streit and DeAngelo? If you need immediate production, then Montour seems like the better choice. If you can wait for development, then you'll hear different opinions. I think Chabot has a higher upside in points only. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Master

Well, I lost out on Chabot in our draft this year but got Montour, so we'll see!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin