Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: J. Schultz

Dobber Sports Expert

Default J. Schultz

So... he had a great year albeit due to the down time of Letang..... which is pretty much guarenteed every year... but I won't digress. How should he be treated going into next year? Upside.... does he reante up with Pens?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

The Great One

Default Re: J. Schultz

I'd be really surprised if the Pens and him didn't find a deal - he was on his last legs re an NHL career when he got to Pitts and I'm not convinced the grass would be greener elsewhere (also pretty sure he produced whilst Letang was healthy - but not able to check as on my phone...)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

They probably will find a deal as long as Fleury moves on (to free up the cap space). If he stays, could/should be more of the same. If he heads elsewhere, then he has nowhere to go but down. There may be other good landing spots, but nowhere as good for him as Pittsburgh.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I can see Schultz going to arbitration.

Id agree there isn't much upside to what we saw this year.

The safer option is not expecting 50 points again.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think any savvy manager would be shopping him right now.

Even if he stays in PIT, I just can't imagine he flirts with 50 points again. I could be wrong, but I'm certainly not buying him as a 50 point dman.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think if you expect 40 that's reasonable, but 50 could be a stretch with Letang back. I think he has things figured out in Pittsburgh, but I guess he could wind up somewhere else and bomb again.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Schultz needs Pittsburg more than Pittsburg needs Schultz. He's crazy if he doesn't resign with them after how terrible he was in Edmonton... This fits, don't look a gift horse in the mouth and make it work.

If he leaves Pittsburgh for more money elsewhere this has Anson Carter with the Sedins written all over it to me. Even with Pittsburgh next year I'd expect closer to 40 and be thrilled with 50 if it happened again. If he goes somewhere else 30 wouldnt surprise me.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

And not Ericsson with the Sedin's written on it MZac?

just to to echo even with production with Letang I have more faith in 40s than 50s...

The Magnificent One

I'm inherently suspicious of a player who steps up his game so much right when he's playing for a new deal. If you already have him, then great - keep him and hope for the best. If you're thinking about going after him, tread lightly and don't overpay.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm wary. It's a good thing, relatively speaking that he's an RFA still, but anything over a year will entail Pittsburgh to buy UFA years. He had 51pts this year, 23 of them on the PP...almost half. I'm not sure I'm buying in, even if he sees similar usage as this year.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Schultz or Yandle as my 4th keeper D for team in sig? Just as much trying to gauge Yandle as I am Schultz.

The Great One

Yandle for me

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Schultz or Yandle as my 4th keeper D for team in sig? Just as much trying to gauge Yandle as I am Schultz.
    As long as he re-signs in PIT, I go with Schultz. Younger, higher upside in your format. Really not that close for me.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and read my goldipucks column from April 12th (link in sig) - it shows why Yandle is seemingly poised for a very strong 2017-18.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have to say I agree with the field here. Though Letang always misses at least 20 games a season, I don't think Schultz getting 45+ is anything close to a guarantee. Personally I'd be seeing if anyone has interest in him and looking for steadier options out there. The list of 40+ pt D men is decent. 23 guys had 40+ pts from the blueline this year, 26 last year. There's also usually a random Sekera that pops out of nowhere to score a bunch if you're paying attention.
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since