Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hot Take - Caps Should Trade Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hot Taek - Caps Should Trade Ovechkin

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Isn't it entirely the point of the discussion?
    Suit yourself but this seems like an exercise in futility.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Suit yourself but this seems like an exercise in futility.
    Exhibit A: A fantasy hockey forum in May through August.

Dobber Sports Deity

Exhibit A: A fantasy hockey forum in May through August.
    Touche!

This isn't in the fantasy hockey section though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I generally care very little about what section it goes in. It's hockey talk in the hockey section.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Touche!

This isn't in the fantasy hockey section though.
    Touche! indeed!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    The reality is no Winger should make 9.5 million in the NHL as the position is not valuable enough. You have to save that type of money for all world centers or all world d men, if you want to win.

Any team to take on ovi at this stage with that contract would be foolish. I'm not saying he's not a good player, he may still even be a great player. But any Winger has substantially less value in real life. I would freak if my team traded for him.
    Pat Kane
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Kuznetsov is the player they should move. He could be a good #1C on a different team but doesn't really fit behind Backstrom. They need a Kesler type to play that role more than Kuznetsov.

Maybe the Caps don't have such a strong team next season but that doesn't mean they can't win the Cup. They just need their players to play better and more consistently throughout the series. A strong playoff performance from Holtby could go a long way as well. Just because a team takes a small step backwards on paper doesn't automatically mean their playoff results will be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Pat Kane
    Also overpaid.

Gonna be fun to watch the Blackhawks consistently come up short in the playoffs moving forward because their cap is F***ed in a way the Pens were when the cap was 8 million lower. Toews and Kane are overpaid. Plain and simple. Maybe that's what you had to pay them because of what they've done, but now Chicago cannot enjoy the luxury of huge depth like they used to. That was always their biggest advantage, not Toews and Kane.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think Kuznetsov is the player they should move. He could be a good #1C on a different team but doesn't really fit behind Backstrom. They need a Kesler type to play that role more than Kuznetsov.

Maybe the Caps don't have such a strong team next season but that doesn't mean they can't win the Cup. They just need their players to play better and more consistently throughout the series. A strong playoff performance from Holtby could go a long way as well. Just because a team takes a small step backwards on paper doesn't automatically mean their playoff results will be worse.
    Right? How many years have the Sharks left expectations empty before last season. Caps haven't reached that level of disappointment, but they're close
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Also overpaid.

Gonna be fun to watch the Blackhawks consistently come up short in the playoffs moving forward because their cap is F***ed in a way the Pens were when the cap was 8 million lower. Toews and Kane are overpaid. Plain and simple. Maybe that's what you had to pay them because of what they've done, but now Chicago cannot enjoy the luxury of huge depth like they used to. That was always their biggest advantage, not Toews and Kane.
    Only overpaid because the NHL made laughably bad deals to not grow there game, therefore not growing their cap. But I'll agree Toews is grossly overpaid
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Only overpaid because the NHL made laughably bad deals to not grow there game, therefore not growing their cap. But I'll agree Toews is grossly overpaid
    Sure, overpaid is all relative to the cap. If there's no such thing as a cap, there's not really such thing as being overpaid. However there is a cap, and the NHL is a terribly run sports league, so $21 million for what Toews and Kane are is super overpaid and going to be hard to be true contenders.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't know, they got Eller for that role as he is a good defensive forward. Two great C's are never bad

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't know, they got Eller for that role as he is a good defensive forward. Two great C's are never bad
    Eller is a 3rd liner at best, and his FO% is around 45%. He lost a lot of important faceoffs in the playoffs, and that's an important part of being a defensive center.

The Great One

To quote Austin Powers - "unfortunately.......that train has sailed." Ovi's ability to be traded realistically disappeared when his stats became less stratospheric, or at least when his NTC kicked in. Now Ovi is in that unsweet spot of being impossible to trade for enough value that would trump the team begrudgingly sticking with him. In fact, I'd put the chances of him pulling a Kovalchuk retirement as higher than those of him actually being dealt to another team. He's a Cap now, and likely will remain one until his deal is done.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Eller is a 3rd liner at best, and his FO% is around 45%. He lost a lot of important faceoffs in the playoffs, and that's an important part of being a defensive center.
    To me Face-off wins and losses do not matter, it is who gains control after the puck is dropped that matters