Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Final: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference Final: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

I think the Sens just won the cup.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't really rope Getz into it like the other two. He plays hard but not as much dirty.
    Agreed. To me, Getzlaf is more mean than dirty. A little like a Messier, although Messier was closer to the dirty side without being considered outright dirty (from this Oiler fan's viewpoint!). Watching Anaheim beat Edmonton, I gained a new appreciation for just how good Getzlaf is.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

No one commenting on tonight's game yet?

Was an extremely close game and could have gone either way, but Nashville's forward core stepped up and they all looked pretty good out there. Playoff Colin Wilson arrived, and they were all actually able to win face offs against Kesler. A lot of missed calls going both ways too and that could have swung it. Also pulling Aberg out on concussion protocol for a hit that happened 5 minutes before, and he had since scored, was a little fishy to me. Tempers boiled over at the end. Sets things up on a silver platter for the next instalment of the series.

Looking forward to game 6 back in Smashville
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Was worried with the injury news these past 2 days but love how the fought back and won tonight.

It's crazy to see how little this whole thing called momentum has mattered during this postseason. Momentum and missing star players ....who cares I feel like everytime you think one team is definitely going to win....they've lost.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's crazy to see how little this whole thing called momentum has mattered during this postseason. Momentum and missing star players ....who cares I feel like everytime you think one team is definitely going to win....they've lost.
    I find momentum only applies to one specific game and doesn't carry over to the next match. Think of all the blow-out games. I think the losing team wound up winning the next game every single time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

I actually believe momentum can carry over from game to game but there's also a bunch of momentum swings within a game so it all becomes a bunch of noise for the most part.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I actually believe momentum can carry over from game to game but there's also a bunch of momentum swings within a game so it all becomes a bunch of noise for the most part.
    Agree for sure. It's just crazy when you see Washington win Game 3....then Sid is out Game 4....but Pitt wins. Anaheim wins Game 4....Ryjo out Game 5....but Nash still wins!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I find momentum only applies to one specific game and doesn't carry over to the next match. Think of all the blow-out games. I think the losing team wound up winning the next game every single time.
    Only one I can think of where that's not the case was Nsh/Chi with the 5-0 game and Nsh won the next game too.
    I do agree with the general thought though. The momentum from any previous game can carry over, but it is also just as easily washed out by events in the current game going the other way.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm still hoping Nashville can win the Cup but I fear the loss of Johansen will prevent that because they don't have that good #2C who can step in to the #1C spot when needed. Pittsburgh has Malkin, Anaheim has Kesler, Ottawa has Brassard. Those teams also have Bonino, Vermette and Pageau who could step in to #2C if needed. Besides D-men, centers are most important for team success, and right now Nashville is going with one #3C, two #4C and one AHL center. As said, hopefully they can still win the Cup but center depth is something they should have considered earlier than this.

It's really easy to hate the Ducks when they act like idiots. The game was decided already, and then they start punching everything that moves. The league should be handing out fines for that, that's just going to cause injuries when they allow it to happen.

Dobber Sports Titan

They may not have an obvious centre to step up, but by committee they didn't look out of place. Sissons impressed, and Gaudreau was something like 75% on face offs. It was a blow, but they're not to be counted out.
    At this point though neither is Anaheim. They have too many weapons not to come out hitting and firing for game 6.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    It's really easy to hate the Ducks when they act like idiots. The game was decided already, and then they start punching everything that moves. The league should be handing out fines for that, that's just going to cause injuries when they allow it to happen.
    They remind me of Boston the year they won the cup. The Ducks keep doing it because they know the refs won't call it constantly and give the Preds 20 power plays per game. Why not do it if you're going to get away with it?

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Veteran

Really liking that Montour kid.

Dobber Sports Guru

Nashville really needs to find another gear here. Just four shots in each of the first two periods, and just four so far in the third.

- - - Updated - - -

And as soon as I posted this, Anaheim scored. They have all the momentum.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Nashville really needs to find another gear here. Just four shots in each of the first two periods, and just four so far in the third.

- - - Updated - - -

And as soon as I posted this, Anaheim scored. They have all the momentum.
    They may have the momentum, but they also have Bernier...Nashville can still pull this off.

Administrator

Preds are so opportunistic lol

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust