Poll: Ducks or Preds

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Western Conference Final: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference Final: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    The fact that you hate the ducks is a great thing. Hockey needs heroes and villains. Screw the all grey, salary capped, we are all equal crap. Sports in general is is black and white, wins and losses, but the emotion, the passion and the hate are what makes it great.

I do not see how players missing factors in. I would say that Anaheim was missing more vital pieces than Nashville but those are the breaks.

I really wanted to see these guys in game 7. It would have been great.

I think Eskimo got it right when he said this was the apex of the playoffs. I hope Nashville goes on to win, but do you really expect to watch better games in the cup final than this series,

Who ya gonna hate now?

(And if your team signed Kesler signed for their cup run, I am sure you would not watch in protest).
    The only player as important to the Ducks as Johansen is to the Preds is Getzalf.

And if my team picked up Kesler, I wouldn't "not watch in protest", but I also wouldn't like the move. Kesler got run over by a train this series, and was a big detriment, not a positive. Kesler is one of the biggest reasons Anaheim lost this series.

1st overall haver‏ @HellblazerVice 15h

Underrated Storyline: Jimmy Vesey left Nashville so that he could repeatedly lose in the first two rounds and get scratched for Tanner Glass
    Lol

Dobber Sports Guru

Here's a story about how PK has dominated the playoffs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/l...-cup-playoffs/

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

Read about Nashville's best defenceman

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a great feel good story for a guy who loves the game and loves the cities that he plays him. Couldn't be happier.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Could argue it all came together because he was moved. Pretty convincingly too, since Subban was Nashville's best defenseman and better defensively this season than Weber.
    I wouldn't have agreed with this because it didn't match with my perception of Subban...then I read this:

Nice article supported by numbers.

I noted that Weber didn't look very good in last year's playoffs and thought that Nashville got the better of that big deal.

Also, his on ice antics (embellishing and then acting all tough without dropping the gloves) aside, I really like P.K. the person, at least from what I've seen. The guy loves the game, loves life and gives back.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The only player as important to the Ducks as Johansen is to the Preds is Getzalf.
    Getzlaf is more important to Anaheim, more like Rinne is to Nsh. If you switch Johansen and Rinne Ana wins.

The fact that Ana was missing their #1 Goalie (biggest factor of all) and their #1 scorer in Rackell, and Eaves who reignited their offence, far outweighs Johansen and Fisher (seriously). But injuries are a fact of life and a useless excuse.

My point was that Ana were the evil team in the playoffs and I really wanted a game 7.

I am thrilled for Nashville, Poile and especially their fans. I hope they win and I look forward to Rinne winning the conn smythe.

Most of all I want Kesler traded to rataylors's team....... kidding but not watching your team make a cup run would be a real willpower test.

Dobber Sports Titan

Getzlaf is more important to Anaheim, more like Rinne is to Nsh. If you switch Johansen and Rinne Ana wins.

The fact that Ana was missing their #1 Goalie (biggest factor of all) and their #1 scorer in Rackell, and Eaves who reignited their offence, far outweighs Johansen and Fisher (seriously). But injuries are a fact of life and a useless excuse.

My point was that Ana were the evil team in the playoffs and I really wanted a game 7.

I am thrilled for Nashville, Poile and especially their fans. I hope they win and I look forward to Rinne winning the conn smythe.

Most of all I want Kesler traded to rataylors's team....... kidding but not watching your team make a cup run would be a real willpower test.
    I think you may be underrating how good Saros was this year. Tough to say for sure, but I think he could have filled in a little better than Bernier managed to.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think you may be underrating how good Saros was this year. Tough to say for sure, but I think he could have filled in a little better than Bernier managed to.
    Bernier filled in really well in the regular season, just like Saros.

Bernier - 21 W, 7 Loss, 2.51, .915
    Saros - 10 W, 8 Loss, 2.35, .923

So Saros had a bit better of peripherals....

but the pressure of the playoffs is intense, especially on young goalies. Unless you are Ken Dryden or Matt Murray. haha

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Bernier filled in really well in the regular season, just like Saros.

Bernier - 21 W, 7 Loss, 2.51, .915
    Saros - 10 W, 8 Loss, 2.35, .923

So Saros had a bit better of peripherals....

but the pressure of the playoffs is intense, especially on young goalies. Unless you are Ken Dryden or Matt Murray. haha
    I'm with you on that!
    I just was trying to make the point that it's not a massive cliff of fall off talent wise from Rinne to Saros.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm with you on that!
    I just was trying to make the point that it's not a massive cliff of fall off talent wise from Rinne to Saros.
    Yes, definitely not. And Saros is not at risk of being selected in expansion draft

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes, definitely not. And Saros is not at risk of being selected in expansion draft
    But it will be sad to see Sissons or Jarnkrok go.

Agree to disagree. Anaheim has far more depth to replace losing Getzlaf than Nashville has to replace Johansen.