Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Some love for Brandon Montour?

  1. #16
    Poutine's Avatar
    Poutine is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    3

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

    Have a look at this tool here on capfriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

    Montour is exempt, but I don't understand why because they both have one more year of their ELC.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 2 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

    Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Turris, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Domi, Arvidsson, Hertl, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Mrazek

    Bench: Teravainen, Hornqvist, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Keller, Hutton, Chychrun, Hellebuyck, Niemi, Lehtonen

  2. #17
    butch's Avatar
    butch is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,430
    Location
    ontario ,canada
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Have a look at this tool here on capfriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

    Montour is exempt, but I don't understand why because they both have one more year of their ELC.
    Pulock was drafted a year earlier than Montour , idk if thats a factor .

    still really burns my ass that for such a limited amount of nhl exposure he requires protecting - when scanning other nhl teams the only other guy that stands out in the same situation is Koekoek-TB

  3. #18
    Jouko-Pouko's Avatar
    Jouko-Pouko is online now
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,669
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    44

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

    Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Pulock was drafted a year earlier than Montour , idk if thats a factor .

    still really burns my ass that for such a limited amount of nhl exposure he requires protecting - when scanning other nhl teams the only other guy that stands out in the same situation is Koekoek-TB
    It's because of that 2014-2015 which Pulock spent in the AHL (counts as pro hockey season) but it didn't burn a year off his ELC. It's the same for many players who are born between September 15th (I think that was the cut-off date) and December 31st. They can play a full season in the AHL without burning a year off their ELC. Emile Poirier is another example of this.
    GDHL - 20 teams, H2H Salary Cap Dynasty @ Fantrax
    23 pro players / 27 minor league players
    G,A,Pts,+/-,STP,Hits,Blk,TOI-SH, W,Sv,SV%,GAA

    WHL - 24 teams, H2H points Salary Cap Keeper @ Fantrax
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

  4. #19
    butch's Avatar
    butch is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,430
    Location
    ontario ,canada
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    It's because of that 2014-2015 which Pulock spent in the AHL (counts as pro hockey season) but it didn't burn a year off his ELC. It's the same for many players who are born between September 15th (I think that was the cut-off date) and December 31st. They can play a full season in the AHL without burning a year off their ELC. Emile Poirier is another example of this.
    this is something I just realized after you pointed it out - thanks .

    3 seasons in AHL , yet he still has 1 year left on elc .Why wouldnt he have been forced to play in CHL during that freebie season though considering he was still under 20 when season started ?

  5. #20
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Demi-God

    Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

    I like Montour but the kool-aid is getting a tad to sugary on the forums lately. He's definitely the flavor of the month right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Steen, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, Fabbri, Shattenkirk, KPalmieri, KConnor, BNelson, Konecny, Bjorkstrand, Ladd

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but don’t stare.. Unless you’re wearing sunglasses."

  6. #21
    Rep Power
    14

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

    Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    do the ducks have to protect him or is he exempt ?

    isles have to protect Pulock who has similar AHL gp's to him so I'll assume yes.
    it's not dependent on games played. I believe that players with over 2 years of pro experience need to be protected. Montour just finished up his second pro season. Pulock has already been in the AHL for three full seasons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •