Poll: Who wins the series and how quickly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

LOL to the guys sore at the Pens moving on just because their teams didn't make it.

Remember all that crazy talk about Claude Giroux being equal to or better than Crosby? I wonder where all those people are now?
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Great series and outstanding run for the sens. To anyone commenting on their style of play, you will see the exact same system from Nashville in the Final. They played the 1-3-1 a lot. The system is best when you have great offensive dmen to get the puck and transition with it. But nobody seems to pay attention when any other team plays this system. As a sens fan I'm so proud of our team. Best sens team , as a unit, we've ever had. We will be back and better. Anyone who says they would have made hockey bad is frankly ignorant and nobody should take their opinion seriously. Good luck in the final to both squads.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    And maybe they lose Ryan to the expansion...
    They will protect Ryan

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Great series and outstanding run for the sens. To anyone commenting on their style of play, you will see the exact same system from Nashville in the Final. They played the 1-3-1 a lot. The system is best when you have great offensive dmen to get the puck and transition with it. But nobody seems to pay attention when any other team plays this system. As a sens fan I'm so proud of our team. Best sens team , as a unit, we've ever had. We will be back and better. Anyone who says they would have made hockey bad is frankly ignorant and nobody should take their opinion seriously. Good luck in the final to both squads.
    Well considering most of the MSM has also said it, and blog media, basically saying that nobody except you knows what they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

They will protect Ryan
    Then they'll lose Pageau, or Dzingel, or Methot

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    27 pages and no Sheik... crazy.
    Are we sure about that?

Dobber Sports Giant

They will protect Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Then they'll lose Pageau, or Dzingel, or Methot
    Exactly! My comment was to show, like rataylor said earlier, that the Sens would not be the same team come next year. Their core will be 1 year older and they will most likely have to expose a key piece of this year's playoff run to the expansion. If they do intend to protect Ryan's high cap hit, then they'll have to expose another key player. Either way, odds are the won't look exactly the same come next year.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    And maybe they lose Ryan to the expansion...
    I won't speak in absolutes and profess to know what the Sens front office is thinking, but I can see Ottawa unprotecting Ryan knowing full-well that Las Vegas most likely won't take him and his salary on. Dangle the fish.

Every fan probably feels like their team will lose a good piece. The reality is Vegas will be probably be a very bad team as the 30 other teams have had plenty of time to go over every scenario they can to keep as many of their valuable players as possible.

If I had to guess, Wideman might get taken by Las Vegas, but I haven't put too much thought into it because I am just a normal but biased fanboy. Whoever is on the ice for the Sens next season, I will be cheering for the 2018 Prince of Wales winners. Haha.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Administrator

If I'm Vegas I don't want Ryan.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If I'm Vegas I don't want Ryan.
    Exactly. That is why I think he will be left unprotected.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

The Great One

Sens radio today predicting that both Ryan and Phaneuf will be exposed, simply because of their salaries. Feeling is neither will be chosen. Some talk that Fredrik Claesson could get consideration from Vegas.

And on my note: the Sens over achieved this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs next year. This team will not do what they did this year again any time soon.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Sens radio today predicting that both Ryan and Phaneuf will be exposed, simply because of their salaries. Feeling is neither will be chosen. Some talk that Fredrik Claesson could get consideration from Vegas.

And on my note: the Sens over achieved this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs next year. This team will not do what they did this year again any time soon.
    Thanks for that info as I have missed it all today and I hope the Sens management does something like that and tries to dangle them knowing that salaries will keep Vegas away. Many conversations to be had between all GM's and Vegas yet. I don't think teams will be too shocked with who Vegas steals.

Also, Claessson was impressive this postseason. I wouldn't want to lose him.

Your last point...who asked you? Haha.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Phaneuf would have to waive.

Dobber Sports Genius

Melneyk is one of the few guys I can see exposing a big contract player in the hopes that Vegas will take the money off his hands.

Might not be true, but I may like the Sens more if the owner didn't seem like as much of a chiseler too.. definitely respect many of their players regardless.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Phaneuf would have to waive.
    That's true (I think); the Sen's radio program didn't get into details on this and I have a hard time finding reliable info on it.

I believe (but could be wrong) that the expansion rules require players with NMC to be automatically protected (unless they agree to waive it). Phaneuf had a NMC and Modified NTC with his deal in Toronto. On capfriendly, it says that the Senators agreed to maintain the Modified NTC when they acquired him, but it doesn't say whether they also decided to keep the NMC. (If a team does not agree to these things, the clauses are no longer valid).

I've seen Phaneuf listed on sites as having both NMC and NTC; same with Bobby Ryan (although it appears to be well established now that Ryan doesn't have a NMC)....

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Thanks for that info as I have missed it all today and I hope the Sens management does something like that and tries to dangle them knowing that salaries will keep Vegas away. Many conversations to be had between all GM's and Vegas yet. I don't think teams will be too shocked with who Vegas steals.

Also, Claessson was impressive this postseason. I wouldn't want to lose him.

Your last point...who asked you? Haha.
    Just to be clear, I do have a soft spot for Ottawa; I really just do think that they drastically over performed this year. Will this team respond the same way to Boucher next year? Can Anderson continue to be a top-10ish goalie? Who will they lose in the expansion draft? Will players like Ryan or Brassard take a next step from what I consider a disastrous year? I hope I'm wrong, I just see this team taking a big step back next year.