Thread: Got Parayko, Czarnik & Roslovic for Fiala, Lindblom & Claesson - Win or Lose?

Dobber Sports Pro

Question Got Parayko, Czarnik & Roslovic for Fiala, Lindblom & Claesson - Win or Lose?

Straight points - second team in sig. I wanted Parayko (I know him personally and he's also a solid young D-man, which I needed desperately). I have way better forwards so felt I could lose Fiala, and Claesson was probably going to be a drop for me soon anyways. I don't really know anything about the other two I got besides their ranking on Dobber's prospects. How do you folks think I did?
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Got Parayko, Czarnik & Roslovic for Fiala, Lindblom & Claesson - Win or Lose?

Fiala for Parayko is a good swap for you, the rest is just noise.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Got Parayko, Czarnik & Roslovic for Fiala, Lindblom & Claesson - Win or Lose?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Fiala for Parayko is a good swap for you, the rest is just noise.
    Thanks! REP given. That's really what I thought too. A couple of "maybe" prospects for me can't hurt, even if they turn to nothing.
    G - Skinner

F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like this deal for you. Fiala for Parayko is a solid swap for you, and I prefer Roslovic over Lindblom. Czarnik and Claesson mean nothing in my eyes.

Dobber Sports Pro

This is good. Roslovic is not a bad prospect to own in my opinion as it seems like lots of people don't give him enough credit. 45 points in his first AHL season (68 games) is a pretty good total
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Titan

The uncertainty with Fiala and his injury makes it nice to get that question mark off of your plate. Even before his broken femur I would have said him and Parayko were of similar value, so I like the deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks! REP given. Glad to hear Roslovic might work out. I wasn't as high on Fiala as others, so I'm glad to turn him into Parayko.

On a similar note, what do you guys think about Honka and DeAngelo? I have a chance to get them, and I don't know a load besides that they're ranked fairly high. Any reason to be concerned about either? Someone said DeAngelo has a bad attitude?
    G - Skinner

B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good on ya for not moving Keller. This deal is can't lose.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    Thanks! REP given. Glad to hear Roslovic might work out. I wasn't as high on Fiala as others, so I'm glad to turn him into Parayko.

On a similar note, what do you guys think about Honka and DeAngelo? I have a chance to get them, and I don't know a load besides that they're ranked fairly high. Any reason to be concerned about either? Someone said DeAngelo has a bad attitude?
    DeAngelo has had attitude issues (plural) in the past but his upside is huge if things go perfectly. I don't see huge upside from Honka but he's a safer choice.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    DeAngelo has had attitude issues (plural) in the past but his upside is huge if things go perfectly. I don't see huge upside from Honka but he's a safer choice.
    Do you think a "safer choice" is worth a first round pick in next year's rookie draft? That's what I'd be giving up. I like that he's already 21 and closer to producing, but is it worth it? After this (as you can see in my prospect list of my second team in sig) I've got a batch of pretty solid future D prospects, so that'll hopefully pay dividends for years to come.
    G - Skinner

B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    Do you think a "safer choice" is worth a first round pick in next year's rookie draft? That's what I'd be giving up. I like that he's already 21 and closer to producing, but is it worth it? After this (as you can see in my prospect list of my second team in sig) I've got a batch of pretty solid future D prospects, so that'll hopefully pay dividends for years to come.
    I probably wouldn't do that in a 12 team league. Cale Makar is looking to be a very promising offensive D-man from this draft, so maybe try getting him with that pick instead. Of course you need to wait a little longer but the upside is there.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think its a strong win in terms of what moving parts there are, however with what the depth of your league looks like I would say Fiala and Parayko are really the only significant pieces. Roslovick would be a big acquisition if the league looked a little deeper, but still, if you're acquiring pieces that are better than the ones you had... its a win
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've read thaT Roslovic could be the eventual Bryan Little replacement down the road. His stock seems to have risen since being drafted. Looking forward to his next season of pro hockey wherever that might be.