Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OEL's season concerning ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default OEL's season concerning ?

Pretty poor year for OEL . Will he bounce back or will this be the new normal ....I know the talent is there but will the team suck for the next 5 years and drag him down with it ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: OEL's season concerning ?

Pretty poor year for OEL, statistically.
    OEL is OEL... one of the 10-15 best defensemen in the NHL.

Like most defensemen, he has really good chemistry with some guys.
    Not so great chemistry with other guys.

In 2014-2015 he played a lot with Zibby & Stone.
    In 2015-2016 he played a lot with Stone and some with Connor Murphy.
    This past 2016-2017 he played first half with Murphy and most of 2nd half with Schenn.

In the past, he also played a lot of solo PP1 point-time.
    But this past year, the Yotes kept throwing Goligoski & DeAngelo out there on a 3F/2D system.
    Personally, I totally dislike Goligoski for PP-chemistry... and DeAngelo, meh, I'm not sure he's helping.

Let OEL have the top of the PP umbrella and go 4:1.
    Also - get the guy a veteran D to play with.

I'm not exactly sure when Schenn became his D-partner, but his +/- numbers were better in Feb/Mar/Apr then in abysmal -9 of Dec and -9 of Jan.
    Splits for OEL:
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/split...-ekman-larsson

And of greatest concern... his SOG was WAY, WAY, WAY down.
    I'm not sure if he had an injury or if the coaching staff told him to shoot less.
    If I had to guess, I'd say the team is so young that the forwards simply don't have the hockey smarts to get him the puck enough.

IMO, its all about the D-partner for OEL and letting him be the 1D on PP1.
    Keep an eye on the SOG though... could be a red flag if it doesn't come back.

The Great One

I'm going a bit from memory, but I believe he not only had a lingering injury to contend with but also a very sick family member who lost a battle with cancer. Based on these factors it's hard not to picture a rebound for him in 2017-18.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

He's already had great years on bad teams. I'm not worried.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nice insights gents , I appreciate it .

Dobber Sports Pro

top 10 fantasy d man going forward.

Dobber Sports Genius

Pretty sure he played almost all season with a wrist injury which likely affected his shots total and his mother passed away at the end of the season so thats obviously going to be hard for him.

As far as next year he should be healed up, Domi will be also, and some of the other young talent should have some natural improvement. This would be a good time to buy-low, terrible time to sell.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Veteran

The team will get better in the next few years and so will OEL's numbers.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Let me ask this a different way , would any of you guys trade OEL for Klefbom ? Note that Klefbom will be cheaper in our league for the next 3 years and I'm concentrated in Edm and TB and I'm competing for titles this year and next 1-3 ...I realize that Klefbom's upside and 3YP is not great right now .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Let me ask this a different way , would any of you guys trade OEL for Klefbom ? Note that Klefbom will be cheaper in our league for the next 3 years and I'm concentrated in Edm and TB and I'm competing for titles this year and next 1-3 ...I realize that Klefbom's upside and 3YP is not great right now .
    No.... No I would not.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Stud

he won't be as bad as last year, but the year before where he had the monster season I think was also above what he'll normally produce. I don't see him being a 55-60 point dman, but he's still top 10. yes, the team will get better, but they will also start to rely on him a lot less, which will make him and the team better overall, but not necessarily in fantasy. I don't see him being out there for the whole PP constantly if Deangelo is around. still top PP minutes, but less than before.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    I don't like that idea.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah I got that out of my head .

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I'm going a bit from memory, but I believe he not only had a lingering injury to contend with but also a very sick family member who lost a battle with cancer. Based on these factors it's hard not to picture a rebound for him in 2017-18.
    " Arizona Coyotes General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Club has granted defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson a leave of absence from the team following the death of his mother. Ekman-Larsson will travel back to Sweden today to be with his father, brother and other family members and will not return for the remainder of the season. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Oliver and his family during this very difficult time," said Chayka. "Oliver has done a remarkable job dealing with this issue all season long and we commend him for the professionalism that he's demonstrated. It's important that he travels back to Sweden now to be with his family." Ekman-Larsson's mother passed away in Sweden recently after a long battle with cancer. "This has been a very difficult year for me personally," said Ekman-Larsson. "I'd like to thank the Coyotes organization and all of my teammates for their incredible support all season long. I'm sorry that I'll miss our last three games but family comes first."

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coy...ce/c-288386028
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm praying OEL falls in next year's draft. I'm thinking he could be a steal. I like kelfbom alot but OEL > Klebom
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):