Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Klefbom the man in Edm ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Klefbom the man in Edm ?

Just curious what you guys think of Klefbom . His 3YP and Upside are pretty low (48/35). Will he blossom as a 1st pp guy on a powerhouse team ? Or will it be Nurse (or Bear or somebody else ) .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Klefbom the man in Edm ?

Most likely it will be Klefbom. He took a big step forward this season, so his projections are probably looking better after this year.

Even without Klefbom and Sekera, Nurse didn't get any PP time in the previous game, so I don't have much faith that will change anytime soon.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's Klefbom until someone takes it from him or they make a big trade / signing which I don't see happening. Sekera is more suited for pp2 and is older. I've said it before and I do think nurse gets a shot in the future but I don't think he's stealing pp1 in the next 3 years. 5 years? Maybe, but who cares as too much will change by then.

Klefbom stepped up this season and looks great. He's moving the puck well and the BOM in his name translates to the power of his shot. I think he gets 15 goals next year and 42-48 points. I also expect his minutes to increase next season to around 24 per game. Due to the offensive skill on the team he definitely has an upside of 50 points in the next few years if he holds on to pp1, which I think he will.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

If all goes as well as it could, he'll be a Pietrangelo, Doughty or Carlson type who plays lots of minutes and still benefits a fantasy team with 45-50+ point seasons here and there. Otherwise, he'd likely settle in more as a Vlasic or Goligoski, who'll be put into more defensive roles and have an upside closer to 35 points.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

This may sound a bit insane but would you consider trading OEL for him knowing that he will be quite a bit cheaper in our league for the next 3 years . I'm also built around Edm and TB for the next couple of years

Dobber Sports Initiate

OEL should not be playoff relevant for a while .

Dobber Sports Titan

I love Klefbom and I'm really high on him. That shot volume could propel him to fantasy relevance on any team, let alone one being led by a new wave with McDavid and Draisaitl. Buy now if you still can!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Its already Klefboms spot today. He's signed long term too so I dont see it changing anytime soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Klef is just taking over that spot... Bear is at least 2yrs away from relevancy. It'll be Klefbom's for years to come.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

So are we saying that we would trade OEL for Klefbom ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    This may sound a bit insane but would you consider trading OEL for him knowing that he will be quite a bit cheaper in our league for the next 3 years . I'm also built around Edm and TB for the next couple of years
    What do you mean when you say "quite a bit cheaper" and "OEL should not be playoff relevant for a while".

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What do you mean when you say "quite a bit cheaper" and "OEL should not be playoff relevant for a while".
    Without getting into details, Klefbom in our league will be $2.5M for 3 years(then likely $6M-10M ) vs $7.8M for 2 years for OEL then he will be more expensive ($8-10M)
    Also we keep our reg season lineup for the playoffs . Playoffs is where the "glory" and $ is in our league.

Dobber Sports Deity

Id want more for OEL than just Klefbom, even with the added info.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thx Axeman , from a fellow maritimer 👍

Dobber Sports Ace

Anyone wanna take a stab at a projection for Klefbom for next season. Can he be a 45-55 point guy
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3