Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vadim Shipachev projections for 2017-18 season

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vadim Shipachev projections for 2017-18 season

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Put my pure guess down at 51. You guys all make some good points though. What I'm most curious about is what kind of multi cat value might translate over?
    He can hit quite well but probably isn't going to give you more than ~50 hits in a season. Sometimes he can have these dark moments when he does something stupid which can lead to some high PIM amounts in those games but also could lead to suspensions. If he can avoid those dark moments, his PIM numbers should stay down.

Mostly a playmaker and not a high-volume shooter (96 SOG in 50 regular season games). Can definitely run a powerplay as the primary playmaker on it (who can also score close to the net), so should rack up lots of PPP. And he's a good faceoff guy; 56% in the regular season, 48% in the playoffs.

All in all, I'd say he has decent multi-cat value. Obviously his +/- won't be pretty on a team like Vegas.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He can hit quite well but probably isn't going to give you more than ~50 hits in a season. Sometimes he can have these dark moments when he does something stupid which can lead to some high PIM amounts in those games but also could lead to suspensions. If he can avoid those dark moments, his PIM numbers should stay down.

Mostly a playmaker and not a high-volume shooter (96 SOG in 50 regular season games). Can definitely run a powerplay as the primary playmaker on it (who can also score close to the net), so should rack up lots of PPP. And he's a good faceoff guy; 56% in the regular season, 48% in the playoffs.

All in all, I'd say he has decent multi-cat value. Obviously his +/- won't be pretty on a team like Vegas.
    I haven't had a great chance to look into him yet, so that summary helps out a lot as an overview, thanks!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He is a good player, but he has played on quite dominant teams both in the KHL and internationally. Now he faces much more adversity - relatively inferior teammates, a weak team that is the underdog in every match, transition to NA ice, tougher quality opposition etc.

He will struggle. With the minutes and opportunuties he gets there is a solid floor he should reach, but not much upside IMO.

40 points is a good guess, might approach 50 if things go his way.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would bet the under on 45

Dobber Sports Stud

27 goals, 59 points
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

My guess is 50 to 55 points. I have the feeling he will not finish his 2 years in Vegas and might even move this year. His $9 million deal doesn't appear to have a NMC/NTC, it's a bit front loaded ($5 million this year, $4 million next year) and there is a $2 million signing bonus this year.

Part of me wonders if he was signed with the intention of flipping him for assets later....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    My guess is 50 to 55 points. I have the feeling he will not finish his 2 years in Vegas and might even move this year. His $9 million deal doesn't appear to have a NMC/NTC, it's a bit front loaded ($5 million this year, $4 million next year) and there is a $2 million signing bonus this year.

Part of me wonders if he was signed with the intention of flipping him for assets later....
    Yes, that's most likely the plan. Vegas gives him a chance to play big minutes at the NHL level, and then they'll flip him either next summer or the following trade deadline when he's looking for more money after his current season. That's just smart asset management and definitely something that benefits everyone. They'll likely do the same with Dadonov if they can get him signed (I think they will).

Dobber Sports Giant

I say 40-45pts.

If Radulov can't break 55 on the top line in Montreal with some NHL experience under his belt, I don't see how Shipachev can beat that in Vegas with a weaker team.

Hopefully he does outperform my expectations for Vegas' sake!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

42-47 points. He will get the ice time, but Vegas will really, really, really stink. I don't even know if they win 20 games man.. I'm thinking closer to 42.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck