Thread: [Re-signed] RFA Pearson re-ups with Kings on 4-year deal

Dobber Sports Sage

Default [Re-signed] RFA Pearson re-ups with Kings on 4-year deal

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [Re-signed] RFA Pearson re-ups with Kings on 4-year deal

Sigh, already miss the days of Deano paying too much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looks like all of the Kings management team came to work this morning....

The Magnificent One

AAV suggests he's finally found a permanent home in the top six. Still though - he'll need more PP time to have a chance at a true breakout.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

very good AAV and Pearson is just coming into his own. Looking to be a real hockey player. Great signing

Dobber Sports Sage

As a Kings fan, have to say I'm feeling really good about the direction that Rob Blake is taking us, admittedly in a small sample thus far. Deano deserves credit for building a two-time Cup winner. But three deals undid a lot of his good works. Trading Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds for Mike Richards was an absolute disaster. Following it up with ridiculous AAV/term albatross contracts to Brown and especially Gaborik, who everyone but Lombardi knew was done, have made it difficult to see winning another Cup with this current generation. The $11 million/yr in cap hits that will be wasted for several more years on those two jokers is one of the main reasons we dont have the scoring wingers we need to compete at the highest level in the playoffs. Let's see what Blake does with Toffoli next.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You mean trading Bishops rights and this signing? That's not much of a direction to go on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    As a Kings fan, have to say I'm feeling really good about the direction that Rob Blake is taking us, admittedly in a small sample thus far. Deano deserves credit for building a two-time Cup winner. But three deals undid a lot of his good works. Trading Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds for Mike Richards was an absolute disaster. Following it up with ridiculous AAV/term albatross contracts to Brown and especially Gaborik, who everyone but Lombardi knew was done, have made it difficult to see winning another Cup with this current generation. The $11 million/yr in cap hits that will be wasted for several more years on those two jokers is one of the main reasons we dont have the scoring wingers we need to compete at the highest level in the playoffs. Let's see what Blake does with Toffoli next.
    Richards helped get them 2 cups and they aren't paying his cap anymore, so I think they are fine with that. But yeah the Brown deal will always be hilarious. And Gaborik I understand, looked to be a slight downgrade to his old self (and helped them win a cup) but they definitely signed him for much too long to try to lower his cap hit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You mean trading Bishops rights and this signing? That's not much of a direction to go on.
    Agree^^^
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Like I said, its a small sample. And no, I dont just mean those last two moves. I like the fact Blake promoted John Stevens to Head Coach instead of going outside the organization for one of the mediocre options that was available, like Ruff or Therrien. Stevens knows the Kings players better than any other coach. I like the signing of Oscar Fantenberg from the KHL, theres a little bit of offensive upside there that will be helpful on the 3rd pair and PP2 for starters and could develop into something more. Blake is an HOF defenseman and I believe he sees something in Fantenberg. The Kings dont have a lot of touted prospects in their system after Deano traded away a lot of high picks over the past few years, so signing Alex Iafallo out of UM-D is a solid, cheap pickup. Deano should have been more aggressive in signing college free agents since he was trading away so many picks. I hated the Bishop trade and that was really the last straw, trading for another goalie you dont need instead of getting a couple of the cheap wingers that were available to help the offense. So there is some small justification for optimism after suffering through the past couple of years of Lombardi's streak of bad calls, IMO.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would prefer Rakell in Cali at almost the same cost, but not a bad deal all in all, and the Kings need goals. If they didn't keep Pearson around they could be looking at other teams just shutting their top unit down leading to something like a 200G season. This should help them stay on the playoff bubble anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)