Thread: H2H, Keep 1 G, cap league: Lundqvist (8.5 million), Crawford (6), Darling (4.15)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default H2H, Keep 1 G, cap league: Lundqvist (8.5 million), Crawford (6), Darling (4.15)

As the title says, I can only keep 1 in a H2H league. Cap hits with real life salary cap. It's keep 6F, 3D, 1G. Goalie cats are standard: W, SV%, GAA, SHO.

Unless people can convince me otherwise, I think that I am debating between Crawford and Darling (I'd rather save the money on Lundqvist to spend elsewhere). I should be a strong contender (Laine, Seguin, Malkin among my keepers at F).

Thinking about value, who do you like better: Crawford or Darling? Let's say this season and next (I do not like to think much beyond one season).

The Great One

Default Re: H2H, Keep 1 G, cap league: Lundqvist (8.5 million), Crawford (6), Darling (4.15)

I'd take Crawford (6) over Darling (4.15) if you are thinking the next few years. Comes down to teams for me. Despite the playoffs, Chicago has a great team. And there are still way too many question marks in Carolina for me.

That being said, I'd delay this decision as long as possible if I could. I'd like to see what transpires on July 1st.....and would love to see Darling in pre-season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: H2H, Keep 1 G, cap league: Lundqvist (8.5 million), Crawford (6), Darling (4.15)

I like Crawford. Good team, solid goalie, should rack up Wins.

He's better value than Hank ($ wise) and there are just too many questions with Darling right now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Crawford for me. He will be more than sufficient for next season and with only one goalie kept per team you should have no issue finding a replacement when you need to (sometime in the next few seasons).

- - - Updated - - -

Darling could end up splitting the role on a much lessor team. It's too risky. The risk isn't worth the amount you save on the cap. Take the sure thing.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Crawford but that could be offset by what you spend the savings on if you did do Darling instead... With a cap league it's about getting the right collection as opposed to one off pieces. In a vaccum Crawford but would t mind reviewing with the additional info
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Crawford for me too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Big Daddy

Roll the dice on Darling! The only thing Carolina was missing last season was a goalie and now Darling is going to be the man. Save on cap space and try to deal Crawford for a draft pick.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström