Thread: D. Strome Next Year

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default D. Strome Next Year

Where do you guys see Strome next year? The A? Making the team? Hopes are still high with this kid so curious to see how he shapes up for 17/18.
    LookoutBergman 20-Team 32-man (+10 Farm) Dynasty: G,A,Pt,+/-,GWG,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blks,FOW

C: Hischier, Spezza, Shipachyov, Dvorak, D Strome
    LW: Meier, Labanc, Connor, Boedker
    RW: Oshie, Puljujarvi, Boeser, Prince, Stafford
    D: Ekblad, Matheson, Honka, Ceci, Oduya, Polak, Irwin
    G: Quick, Darling, Coreau
    F: Glass, Pettersson, Kaprizov, Gusev, Walman

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: D. Strome Next Year

The Coyotes don't really even have enough centers to fill their roster but it's entirely possible they add one in the summer, so difficult to say at this point. If Keller plays wing as I'd expect to happen, there should be room for Strome. But if they like Keller at center, then Strome could easily start the season in the AHL and work his way up from there.

The Great One

I think he starts in the NHL and if he does is be happy with 40 points... As JP says though that's hardly a given right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Strome will make the team next year and score 35-45pts.
    Chayka was allowed one year of grace.
    This coming year, he'll start being judged on direction of team, so I think he'll put his pieces in play.

Dobber Sports Pro

The Coyotes didn't really have any centre's last year and he still couldn't make the team full time.

Honestly is skating is not really up to NHL standards, so I would say he will split time between the AHL and NHL next season. Perhaps he could play the whole year if he is sheltered very well, going for anywhere between 10 and 45 points

The Coyotes do not really HAVE to get him to work out since he was the previous regimes big draft player so if he fails it is on them and not on the current regime
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    The Coyotes do not really HAVE to get him to work out since he was the previous regimes big draft player so if he fails it is on them and not on the current regime
    I've seen a lot of blogs this year speculating that they might even try and trade him, though I'm not sure what to expect as a return
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    The Coyotes didn't really have any centre's last year and he still couldn't make the team full time.

Honestly is skating is not really up to NHL standards, so I would say he will split time between the AHL and NHL next season. Perhaps he could play the whole year if he is sheltered very well, going for anywhere between 10 and 45 points

Strome is on the best team to improve his skating (dedicated full time skating coach guru) . I hear he's there all summer . If that gets better over 1-2 years , it should help him tremendously !
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23