Thread: Gostisbehere vs Provorov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gostisbehere vs Provorov

for team in SIG, so I have Ghost and was wondering who people think is gonna be better going forward from the fantasy aspect?, Ghost at this point gets more points & PPP/shots, but Provorov at this point gets a significantly higher amount of hits/shot blocks

Shayne Gostisbehere: 2016-17
    76GP 7 32 -21 32 2 21 0 0 1 0 0 0 198 43 94

Ivan Provorov: 2016-17
    82GP 6 24 -7 34 0 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 161 111 166

stats in order: G,A,+/-,PIMS,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA,GWG,FOW,FOL,HatTrick,SOG,HIT S,Blocked Shots
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Gostisbehere vs Provorov

Ghost for me.

It's close but I feel he has the better offensive instincts. And with the lack of defensemen who can actually defend, Provorov might find himself in a more shut down role.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Deity

Last year, in a H2H format like this, they are pretty much even.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd prefer Provorov. I like my D to carry my hits and blocks and the majority of my forwards to do the scoring. If I can get those D who offer those dirty cats to score for me as well, then that's a bonus. I can see Provorov as one of those guys who gives you the stats right across the board. To me, that's more important than a Dman who is just offensive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd go Provo. Might have to wait a bit longer for the offense to come but he's just going to get better across the board.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Axe's logic is sound so depends on how the rest of your squad looks - personally I think Ghost has regressed too far in some people's opinions so depends whether you are looking for an asset to trade as I think a flying Ghost nets you more but does depend on your league
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Depends of weight of categories.
    If its weighted-points... and actual G/A/P are heavily weighted, then probably Ghost - who actually played well post-benching (Feb/Mar/Apr.)
    If its category H2H, then definitely Provorov. You have GOT to get BLK from your D and you should try to get HIT as well.

The Flyers are going to be a top 10, maybe top 5 NHL team in 3 years. Provorov will be their D1. (maybe not PP1, but def. PP2)

Ghost is a bit like Mike Green. He's got 50-55pt upside if the PHI PP is clicking and he's PP1.
    Provorov is a bit like John Carlson. He's gonna be 40-50pt yearly for sure, and over 50pts if he gets some PP1 time.

In the long run, the Flyers will invest more in the better player - which I think almost all agree... is Provorov.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Depends of weight of categories.
    If its weighted-points... and actual G/A/P are heavily weighted, then probably Ghost - who actually played well post-benching (Feb/Mar/Apr.)
    If its category H2H, then definitely Provorov. You have GOT to get BLK from your D and you should try to get HIT as well.

The Flyers are going to be a top 10, maybe top 5 NHL team in 3 years. Provorov will be their D1. (maybe not PP1, but def. PP2)

Ghost is a bit like Mike Green. He's got 50-55pt upside if the PHI PP is clicking and he's PP1.
    Provorov is a bit like John Carlson. He's gonna be 40-50pt yearly for sure, and over 50pts if he gets some PP1 time.

In the long run, the Flyers will invest more in the better player - which I think almost all agree... is Provorov.
    Man do I ever hope you are right with this!

And as for the question... P7 hit the nail on the head...

If it is weighted go with the guy that gets more points.
    If it is categorical or straight up roro... go with Provorov.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

With that #2 pick, PHI has a chance for a dynamic top six forward to compliment G,Voracek, Simmonds, Konecny,Couturier.
    They've got 4 really good D prospects, 3-5 very solid goalie prospects, needing only 1 to pan out.
    The only thing I think they need is a C3 and then fill out the 4th line with some smart hockey players that can match up.

The future of the East is PHI & TOR. That's your 2020 conference final.
    [PIT will hang around up there two - and WAS has about 1-2 more years, but OV is coming down soon, I believe. BUF is a huge wildcard to rise as well.]

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    With that #2 pick, PHI has a chance for a dynamic top six forward to compliment G,Voracek, Simmonds, Konecny,Couturier.
    They've got 4 really good D prospects, 3-5 very solid goalie prospects, needing only 1 to pan out.
    The only thing I think they need is a C3 and then fill out the 4th line with some smart hockey players that can match up.

The future of the East is PHI & TOR. That's your 2020 conference final.
    [PIT will hang around up there two - and WAS has about 1-2 more years, but OV is coming down soon, I believe. BUF is a huge wildcard to rise as well.]
    Buffalo? LOL. I wish.

And looking at OP's Sig, Goals (3), Assists (2), PPG/PPA/SHG/SHA (1), SOG/HITS/BS (0.3). Not sure the multi-cat is there in this set up to go Provorov, especially in the short term.