Thread: Ranking sub par goalies

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ranking sub par goalies

In a bad spot with my goalies in a dynasty. 12 teams, start 2 G. Also don't have much in the way of goalie prospects. I've been trying to make a move for a higher end goalie but nothing is really developing.

Taking a look at some lower end gambles that could return some value as a #2. Stats are W, SV, GAA, SV%. How would you rank these short term/in the next couple years:

Markstrom
    Pickard
    Elliott
    Lethonen
    Miller
    Mrazek
    Neuvirth
    Smith
    Coreau

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Ranking sub par goalies

The two that stand out for me are the ones who are the youngest amongst the bunch, but are still valid number 2 goalies with a chance of being their teams' number 1: Pickard and Markstrom.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Markstrom/Mrazek/Pickard - I think they are all decent young goalies in bad situations. The upside is there for them.

Elliott - Depends where he ends up, could be an above average option in the right situation.

Miller/Lethonen/Smith - Avoid

Coreau - Long shot but never know with goalies

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Markstrom/Mrazek/Pickard - I think they are all decent young goalies in bad situations. The upside is there for them.

Elliott - Depends where he ends up, could be an above average option in the right situation.

Miller/Lethonen/Smith - Avoid

Coreau - Long shot but never know with goalies
    Agree with FF. if you got to make move Elliott then Mrazek - best chance for starter.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Your OP says short term. For me, short term, the best option there is Mike Smith. He's the only legit starter on that list as I type this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Your OP says short term. For me, short term, the best option there is Mike Smith. He's the only legit starter on that list as I type this.
    Looking for a bit of both. I have a competitive offense, but my goaltending is bottom of the league. Fleury is my only viable goalie. So unless I can get even average goaltending I'll be at the bottom again.

I'd like to get a top 10 guy, but nobody is selling so I'm trying to get some bargains. The goalies above are on the block/or I already own (Lethonen). Trying to find a combination with Fleury that can possibly provide some average numbers this year and some long term upside. Not easy..