Thread: 2017 vs Kaprizov Raddysh

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2017 vs Kaprizov Raddysh

Where do these two slot in against this years crop from a Fantasy perspective?

Focus on offense cats.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: 2017 vs Kaprizov Raddysh

Kaprizov is quite a few steps ahead of both the 2017 class and Raddysh.

I'd prefer Nico and Nolan over Raddysh, and Raddysh over the rest.

Dobber Sports Guru

Although Kaprisov has a higher ceiling than the top two in this draft, I think the inherent risk of the KHL -- which I don't think is huge after his contract expires, but is there -- makes the top two guys more desirable. Much higher floor with those two IMO. So it depends on your league. I always like to swing for the fences -- but this would be tougher for me.

But, depending on your league, Kaprisov might be able to be snagged considerably later. After the draft, value on new guys skyrockets. If you had a top two pick, I'd gamble he'll be there later rather than get him there.

If this is a trade discussion, I'd definitely want more than Kaprisov if I owned a top two pick.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Raddysh wouldn't be in my top 15 compared to this years draft class. I may put him in the 15-20 range but no higher than that. I like a lot of other kids in this years draft class and think it's going to be a decent draft class.

Kaprizov would be in my top five, or right around there at least. As mentioned earlier, there's a bit of risk with Kaprizov until he gets over to North America.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Given the injury issues, I'm dropping Nolan Patrick down my personal draft list. I'd definitely take Kaprizov over him, even with the KHL factor.

My order:

Hischier
    Vilardi
    Kaprizov
    Nolan
    Raddysh
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Raddysh would be down my list. He's had a great year, but would not fit inside my top 10, possibly even in my top 15. Kaprizov has said a couple times now that he is going to look at his NHL options when his contract expires in the KHL at the end of 17/18. this years draft class has been made hard to judge. Primarily based on the crap job he media has done. In one breath they're saying outside of the top 2, there's no future stars or it's a super weak draft. the next breath you get player comparisons to Scheifele, Getzlaf,Pavelski. These players can't suck near as bad as people say if they hold future all-star level talent.

Kaprizov's development took off this past season. I'd put him around 5/6 for me personally. But being 2/3 I can see an argument for as well- With Hischer being my preferred choice, just more dynamic.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry to jump this thread but I have the 14th pick after winning this year and have Tyler parsons on my radar for that pick. Is this too high for him to go? In comparison to the 2017 draft where would parsons and Igor shesterkin rank. Goalies are cold in my league and wanna add to my talent in net.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Jager's Mullet View Post
    Sorry to jump this thread but I have the 14th pick after winning this year and have Tyler parsons on my radar for that pick. Is this too high for him to go? In comparison to the 2017 draft where would parsons and Igor shesterkin rank. Goalies are cold in my league and wanna add to my talent in net.
    If I can offer my personal thoughts based on experience.. don't touch any goalie, ever in the first round of your draft. Probably even the 2nd or 3rd for me.

Goalies are far too unpredictable when it comes to accurate projections and even the ones who do pan out, take several years to get there. Take the best player available and then if you really need to, you can trade for a goalie prospect who is a few years into their development already. Goalies are just not worth the gamble, especially that early.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nobody knows your league as well as you do......so if goalies are like gold, there is justification for picking a G whenever you feel you need to, otherwise you might risk not getting the G you want. As you won you league and are picking 14th, I am assuming your 2nd round pick would be 28th - so it might be a gamble whether the G you want would be available if you wait.

In regards to Shesterkin and Parsons, I own both in a couple of my other leagues and I would rate Shesterkin slightly higher than Parsons. There is however the Russian factor to consider. Another possible option could be Hart (if he is available) - he will get his chance sooner than later due to PHI's mess in goal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Yes hart was claimed last year. I own a lottery pick this season as well top 7; we haven't had our lottery draft yet. So the 14th pick would be my second 1st rounder in this league. My team is very young so waiting on goalies doesn't bother me much. Just looking at upside

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni Slayr View Post
    If I can offer my personal thoughts based on experience.. don't touch any goalie, ever in the first round of your draft. Probably even the 2nd or 3rd for me.

Goalies are far too unpredictable when it comes to accurate projections and even the ones who do pan out, take several years to get there. Take the best player available and then if you really need to, you can trade for a goalie prospect who is a few years into their development already. Goalies are just not worth the gamble, especially that early.
    Agreed!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."