Thread: Last keeper - rank these Dmen

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Last keeper - rank these Dmen

Hi all,

Limited keeper, keep 10. I'm trying to choose my last player, the only D I'll keep on my squad. I can't make up my mind.

Stats are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG

Rielly
    Provorov
    Parayko
    Trouba

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Last keeper - rank these Dmen

Welcome to the forum, sadbear.

Rielly hurts you in +/-, but is ready to put up big numbers with the burgeoning Leafs. Trouba won't ever be a huge point producer, but will put up PIM. Provorov hasn't got the experience, but could be a great dman who does a little of everything. Parayko brings size, power play time, and a good chance to have a decent +/-, but we haven't seen what he can do without Shattenkirk for a whole season.

Honestly, I like Rielly the most as the +/- issue will likely fluctuate like crazy over the next few years, and it is a hard one to predict.
    If you willing to gamble, then I'd be willing to roll the dice on Provorov.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Superstar

Would be nice to know your other keepers - is there any salary considerations? How many teams in league? If you need PIM's then I go Trouba - will get PP time next year? how easy to redraft if you like a player? All 4 have their benefits - none really stick out as significantly better than others.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is an interesting mix of potential, all have question marks, - with points and PP as focused cats, but I would rank them as:

Parayko - could/should be Shattenkirk's replacement long term on the PP behind Pietrangelo, decent +/-
    Provorov -like him with Ghost, but will play second fiddle- Philly should be better next year
    Trouba - like his progression and he should take Enstrom's spot by mid next year, but Buf takes most of the PP time- good PIMs
    Rielly - needs PP time but with a 4F PP, Zaitsev's signing and Gardiner's emergence, its a big question mark when he gets it
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

The Great One

Of the four, none are penciled in as definites for PP1, and that hurts them big time. Plus, a guy like Trouba has more value in leagues with Hits and Blocks.

My take is if you're trying to win this year, probably go with Parayko, but if you're in a rebuild then guys like Provorov and Trouba start to have a bit more lure as well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks everyone for the good advice.

This is a 12 team league and I started a full rebuild last year. Current keepers are:

Reinhart (c/rw)
    Nylander (c/rw)
    K Connor (lw)
    Ehlers (lw/rw)
    Laine (lw/rw)
    Puljujarvi (rw)
    Hellebuyck
    Vasilevskiy
    Murray

It'll be a couple years before I can compete.

The Great One

I like how Provorov slots into that mix.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Any chance you can trade one or more of these guys instead of losing them for nothing? Seems like a lot of value lost...

My 1st option would be to keep Trouba but Provorov is awesome as well.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My 1st option would be to keep Trouba but Provorov is awesome as well.
    With Laine and Ehlers already in the mix, Trouba makes him tie his wagon to Winnipeg a bit more than might be wise.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Provorov - I think he's got 60+pt potential
    Trouba - 45pt pace last year, reasonably see 50+ next year
    Parayko/Rielly - 40+pt potential, possibly 50 given regular PP1 duties
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Either of the Ps for me - Provorov or Parayoko. Trouba is bottom of the list and Reilly is interesting but I think the Leafs take a step back next season. Agree with ED though have to think there are deals out there for some of these
    Experience is the teacher of all things.