Thread: Draft Eligibles vs. Drafted

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Draft Eligibles vs. Drafted

Hey all, Just trying to get a feel of the general consensus on comparing some of the draft eligibles to already drafted prospects for the purpose of ranking them in my entry draft in two separate leagues. Obviously the position of my team will have a significant impact on if an older or younger player is more valuable. I'm in two very similar points only keeper leagues, where one of my teams is in full rebuild and the other is mid range competitive. For the sake of a strict vote we can say that long term impact is the final judge but feel free to include details. Confirm or reject the following:

V. Arvidsson > K. Kaprizov
    B. Point > O. Tippett
    B. Skjei > C. Makar
    L. Kunin > M. Necas
    G. Vilardi > E. Svechnikov

Feel free to include your own! Some drafted players of interest are:

C. McAvoy, Deangelo, Chabot, Ho-Sang, A. Nylander, Fiala, Beauvillier

Thanks!
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Draft Eligibles vs. Drafted

if all other things are equal, I almost always prefer the player that is producing now, why wait? I think Kaprizov has higher potential upside than Arvi, but I'm taking Arvidsson because he's going to give me 55-70pts next year and KK will just give my minors a sexy name to say all season. If Arvi puts up 65+pts next year I can most likely trade him for KK ++ as a lot of owners have problems playing the long game on prospects
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Draft Eligibles vs. Drafted

it would obviously depend on the rest of the roster, and whether I was in win-now mode or not, but i'd take cale makar over brady skjei.