Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jamie Benn for Nikolaj Ehlers

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Jamie Benn for Nikolaj Ehlers

it's benn until it's not benn...

Benn 26, is still an 80+pt player. Dallas had a down year as a whole. Expect a a bounce back. Ehlers has a ways to go before he's on Benn's level.

If you trade Benn 1-1 for Ehlers -you lose this deal next year and possibly/likely for another 4.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's benn until it's not benn...

Benn 26, is still an 80+pt player. Dallas had a down year as a whole. Expect a a bounce back. Ehlers has a ways to go before he's on Benn's level.

If you trade Benn 1-1 for Ehlers -you lose this deal next year and possibly/likely for another 4.

Benny will be 28 in a couple months. I agree that it's more likely than not that Benn outpoints Ehlers next year, but it's not a slam dunk. I think there are several universes where Ehlers overtakes him marginally in 2017-18.

As for the following three or four years, prime-aged 21-24 year old Ehlers vs 30-33 year old Benn, I would want the younger player there. If for nothing else the trade value that would massively swing for Ehlers - especially in my league. And the likelihood of more points.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Benny will be 28 in a couple months. I agree that it's more likely than not that Benn outpoints Ehlers next year, but it's not a slam dunk. I think there are several universes where Ehlers overtakes him marginally in 2017-18.

As for the following three or four years, prime-aged 21-24 year old Ehlers vs 30-33 year old Benn, I would want the younger player there. If for nothing else the trade value that would massively swing for Ehlers - especially in my league. And the likelihood of more points.
    All you have to do is look at Forsberg to realize it's not that simple to move from being a 60pt player to an 80pt player. It could be 3 more years before Ehlers breaks 70pts, if he ever does. Meanwhile. 70pts is essentially Benn's floor over the next three years.

If I am in "win now" or "win next 2 years" mode, I want Benn. Even in a new dynasty format, I have a hard time believing or seeing Ehlers get drafted before Benn.

I wouldn't hesitate to move Ehlers for Benn in a trade, but owning Benn - you best add to that deal cuz I'm not moving an 80pt forward for a 65pt forward 1-1.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4