Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2017; The Summer of the RFAs!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: 2017; The Summer of the RFAs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ya but can you imagine the number on that sheet??!! It would have to make sense in regards the offering team's cap but I'm sure that no matter how it goes, McDavid's next contract should be the biggest one signed yet IMO.
    No it wouldn't, because Edmonton would match and if they didn't you'd figure it out. Max contract is 20% of salary cap. So it would basically be Parise's contract, except over 7 years instead of 12 or whatever it was. 7 years, 98 million basically.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No it wouldn't, because Edmonton would match and if they didn't you'd figure it out. Max contract is 20% of salary cap. So it would basically be Parise's contract, except over 7 years instead of 12 or whatever it was. 7 years, 98 million basically.
    Ya I was thinking something in the 13-14 mil. range as well... He is worth 2 elite players IMO.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ya I was thinking something in the 13-14 mil. range as well... He is worth 2 elite players IMO.
    I fully expect Chiarelli to go to McDavid in July and say "look you're signing an 8-year deal, full NMC and full NTC once eligible, if you want max dollars we'll make it work but if you're willing to take less then that gives me a chance to build a team around you." McDavid will be fresh off of his first playoff experience in the NHL and the City is buzzing so he probably takes a "discount" and signs for $10-11m/year.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR