Thread: Forsythe or Castro

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Forsythe or Castro

Im gonna try and post this and hope for honest opinions

This is for another league; in Dobber I have Murphy at 2b and Edwin at 1B....so no need for another 2B.

R, HR, RBI, Avg, SB, BB

Forsythe or Castro? Forsythe is coming back from an injury soon and I love that he was at the top of the Dodgers order....but Castro has been hot.

Who do you like?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Forsythe or Castro

Bump

Dobber Sports Titan

Neither is going to be an all-star, so I would roll with Forsythe and hope for a good streak in the Dodger's lineup.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Sorry HR, hope it's not too late. I had seen your post yesterday and I meant to answer.

In a nutshell, I think Forsythe will give you the ''stats that you've come to expect from him'': 70R, 20HR, 70RBI, .270Avg, 5SB (maybe less if his broken toe is not fully healed), 50BB.

Castro on the other hand could be a pleasant surprise from now until the end of the season. He has a similar output to Forsythe on given years but I like how good he's been since the start of the season. As it stands, I would take my chance on him and see if his hot play continues!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Appreciate the insight guys.

You're right that neither will be allstars but 2B was the position I ended up waiting on in this 10 team league where I took hitters the first 7 or 8 rounds. So while I have Arenado, Pollock, Correa, Schwarb, Springer and Polanco....2B will be the spot to fill all year.

I was basically wondering if you'd drop Forsythe off my DL so I can move Haniger there...thus sticking with Castro.

Ah hell...I might just try to flip a 2b and someone for Odor.