Thread: Bolts watchers- Palat, Cooper and next year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bolts watchers- Palat, Cooper and next year

So staring at Palat's Frozen Pool page http://dobberhockey.com/players/ondrej-palat

- quarterly PPG for 2016/17 were 0.52, 0.60, 0.56 and 1.05. With a big bounce to 35% of TOI in Q4.
    - Looking at his lines: in Q4 he spent 52.9% and Q2 44.4% of his time with Kucherov; in Q1 and Q3 less than 30%- clearly in Q4 is explained by a loaded line, tons of ice and a new superstar.

So... Bolts watchers, does Cooper use pairs (like Babcock) or trios?

Presuming Palat is resigned and with Stamkos' return next year, does Palat get popped off the Kucherov line and replaced by Stamkos? Or is he paired with Stamkos on a different line?

I would prefer Q2/Q4 Palat (i.e. that guy from 2014/15) to Q1/Q3 Palat. One's a keeper, the other is easily replaceable.

Thoughts?
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Bolts watchers- Palat, Cooper and next year

I think that with stamkos returning there really isn't a bad scenario for Palat next year. He started off really slow this year and I can't figure out why. But he show small spurts of production during he early part of the season. But as you displayed above his finish was strong. There is the possibility of line stacking, as you mentioned or you may want to consider the possibility of an injury that nagged him for the earlier part of the year. And as his health improved so did his play. Palat is a legit 60-65 point guy, he's done it before. Many lightning players struggled this year (except for hedman and kucherov) so I think he has a bounce back year. As well as Tyler Johnson. With the emergence of Point, Drouin and the return of Stamkos I think the lightning could surprise a lot of people next year who will be down on a team who missed the playoffs.

So to summarize, I think Palat is a great player who will be paired with one of Stamkos or Kucherov next season. So you can expect a return to the 60-65 point range if he's playing with an, over-a-point/game player.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Thanks for the thoughtful reply BB. palat is one of those perplexing players that can sink or win you a season (Zucker in a different thread is similar- two huge quarters, two crappy ones) and Tampa just makes me want to pull my hair out.

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

The Great One

Bring back the triplets full time and play around with the rest of the team

in in all seriousness it is a line that works and I get trying to spread the scoring around but they have tried on a few occasions and for me just doesn't seem to look as fluid (though granted limited viewings) and is a reason I struggle to value anyone not named Kucherov in the Bolts forwards
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

i think they're gonna put stamkos and kucherov back together again next year. they had good chemistry with namestnikov (who might get taken in the expansion draft). assuming they bring back all their RFAs (not saying it's gonna happen, but just for argument's sake), I think they're gonna try and run with 3 solid lines and not two stacked lines, since they'd have 3 very good centers in stamkos, Johnson and point. that means palat probably winds up on a line with TJ, and drouin with point (they also had some good chemistry late this season). I think they'll try and fit other players to the rest of the open spots, namely, adam erne possibly playing on the top line assuming namestnikov doesn't come back, Callahan probably plays with drouin and palat, and killorn becomes an honorary triplet along with palat and TJ.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    So staring at Palat's Frozen Pool page http://dobberhockey.com/players/ondrej-palat

- quarterly PPG for 2016/17 were 0.52, 0.60, 0.56 and 1.05. With a big bounce to 35% of TOI in Q4.
    - Looking at his lines: in Q4 he spent 52.9% and Q2 44.4% of his time with Kucherov; in Q1 and Q3 less than 30%- clearly in Q4 is explained by a loaded line, tons of ice and a new superstar.

So... Bolts watchers, does Cooper use pairs (like Babcock) or trios?

Presuming Palat is resigned and with Stamkos' return next year, does Palat get popped off the Kucherov line and replaced by Stamkos? Or is he paired with Stamkos on a different line?

I would prefer Q2/Q4 Palat (i.e. that guy from 2014/15) to Q1/Q3 Palat. One's a keeper, the other is easily replaceable.

Thoughts?
    Based on what Kucherov said, I think they'll go with
    Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
    Drouin - Johnson - Palat (or..swap JD and OP, whatever)

I think the second line will do better here because the first line is healthy and clicking.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Based on what Kucherov said, I think they'll go with
    Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
    Drouin - Johnson - Palat (or..swap JD and OP, whatever)

I think the second line will do better here because the first line is healthy and clicking.
    Barring injuries to that top line and Drouin hitting supernova (likely a bit early for that), this would suggest it would be tough (but not impossible) for Palat to hit 60 next year. Noting Forsbergfan's comment, any further balancing of lines would be a problem. And I might have to hold on to Names ....

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Star

palat has the ability but will need top line minutes and pp time to get to 60 again. definitely possible but far from a guarantee since tb has so many options.

albeit not spectacular as a multi-cat guy, he doesnt hurt in any category. hes pretty good at hits though! hoping i can get him in the middle rounds of the draft with some upside for 60+ points.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.