Thread: Another Early Keeper Thread

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Another Early Keeper Thread

Basically I have the 7 players I think I should keep and am on the fence about my last keeper spot. We keep 8 and are increasing to a keep 10 in next year's draft. (Interestingly enough, this upcoming draft will also give managers the option to keep 6 players and to re-draft their 2 remaining spots prior to the formal draft - only issue is it will be kept secret who is going to be doing this and which players will not be kept).

My plan is to definitely keep: Holtby, Frederik Andersen, Stamkos, Panarin, Kessel, OEL, and Getslaf

My real question is: Who do I keep out of Arvidsson, Weber, Schenn, and JVR
    (Arvidsson is such a hard working beast but nothing says he can repeat this season's performance. Weber is a multi-cat stud but aging. Schenn is a beast on the PP and provides nice supplemental stats also. JVR is well JVR not sure if he stays or goes and whether he has much upside beyond his stat lines this year).

Another team is looking to deal Bo Horvat for a pick... probably would be a pretty cheap add as the manager will be losing him for nothing... not sure if Horvat even helps me at all here.

Thanks!
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

The Great One

Default Re: Another Early Keeper Thread

It's a tough one, since Arvidsson (SHP) and Schenn (Hits, PPPts) map to your categories well. I'd keep whichever of them you think would be less easy to redraft. The other option would be to keep both, but to let go Getzlaf (his SOG has been dropping and sooner or later he'll start to decline) or Andersen (only 6 goalie categories, versus 12 for skaters so I'm guessing most teams will keep just one netminder).

Another option would be to package Getzlaf and Andersen for a skater, who you then keep along with Arvidsson and Schenn.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would take Arvidsson as my 8th. I like the idea of moving Getzlaf, but would hold Andersen as he's only going to improve. I'd try to package Getz with Schenn/JVR for boost on that final spot. I'd be tempted to just keep Schenn over Getz as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd go weber here with your format and get one more good season out of him. Look to potentially trade him at the end of next year. I think arvidsson and Schenn will be easier to re draft. If you are ultimately stuck on a forward id go arvidsson here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):