Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Still-too-Early... 2017 Las Vegas Golden Knights (Peng's April 26 Version)

The Great One

Default Re: The Still-to-Early... 2017 Las Vegas Golden Knights (Peng's April 26 Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As I say, I dont expect many to agree with me, but what I am saying is it wouldn't surprise me if it went down that way. If it was me, I'd protect Mrazek and hope for a bounce back (although Detroit doesn't offer much for hope in front of him anytime soon) but I am not optimistic it will happen. I think Detroit is nervous about his next contract and aren't 100% sold on him.

Time will tell.
    Fair enough. I'm not sure who they will or should keep going forward. I don't think either are the answer moving forward.

The Great One

Default Re: The Still-to-Early... 2017 Las Vegas Golden Knights (Peng's April 26 Version)

And Brown is ineligible.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    And Brown is ineligible.
    Connor Brown? I will trust capfriendly over you. They say he's eligible.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: The Still-too-Early... 2017 Las Vegas Golden Knights (Peng's April 26 Version)

I cant predict snows actions but my own gut feeling says they'll protect leddy easily over dehaan,hamonic,pulock therefore I wouldnt be surprised to see at least one of those 3 traded between now and expansion draft.

theres also the possibility that boychuk and ladd tell snow that they'll allow him to expose them considering vegas likely has no interest in their long term deals which would give isles 2 extra protect spots

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Can, can they do that? I know they have to expose 1 goalie but do they have to protect 1????

Also, if given the choice of protecting 1 or zero why wouldn't they protect 1? Do they have someone in the pipeline they're going to use their 1 protect on?
    Goalie must be protected:
    a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender
    https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansi...es/c-281010592
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^FWIW, I assumed Rychel would be their 7th keeper. Not sure if they value him that way or not.
    I was going to say this yesterday but wasn't really convinced with the choice and forgot. But with last nights Marlies win, I'd protect Leipsic over Rychel. 49GP, 51Pts, +4. And hope for Rychel to squeak through the expansion.

But between Leivo, Rychel, Brown, and Leipsic the Leafs are in a tough decision.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: The Still-too-Early... 2017 Las Vegas Golden Knights (Peng's April 26 Version)

RW3: Dano (WPG) - RFA 2017. Winnipeg has several good forwards to consider... and I think they go with Copp & Armia & Lowry over Dano - who hasn't found his groove since being exiled from CHI.
    WPG will only be able to protect 4 fwds due to Enstrom's NMC.

Which makes me curious about all this talk of "will get player X to waive his NMC clause." Do we have any basis for the speculation? I can't see that any player (or agent) would waive just because his GM tells him "you are expensive and old and so don't worry, they won't pick you"?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^I have a feeling that a lot of players are going to waive their NMC.
    Q: Why?
    A: The players are a part of a team... a clubhouse that sits together for 180+ days of games/practices through the year. Does any player really want to be that guy where every other player is thinking "We lost our 5th best forwarded because THAT guy (Enstrom) wouldn't waive his NMC"? Its one things to have a NMC for protecting a guy's own right on a team... but with the expansion draft... the NMC affects other players being part of their OWN team.

So yes, I had Enstrom waive his NMC.
    I think he's a team player. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would hurt his team by being stubborn.
    And I think a lot of GMs are really going to ask their players to kindly waive it... and I think many will.
    (And if contracts allow it, perhaps it can be re-instated to protect them from trades, post-expansion draft.)

A: The players are a part of a team... a clubhouse that sits together for 180+ days of games/practices through the year. Does any player really want to be that guy where every other player is thinking "We lost our 5th best forwarded because THAT guy (Enstrom) wouldn't waive his NMC"? Its one things to have a NMC for protecting a guy's own right on a team... but with the expansion draft... the NMC affects other players being part of their OWN team.

I think he's a team player. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would hurt his team by being stubborn.
    And I think a lot of GMs are really going to ask their players to kindly waive it... and I think many will.
    (And if contracts allow it, perhaps it can be re-instated to protect them from trades, post-expansion draft.)
    This

For what it's worth, I had WPG protecting Enstrom, Byfuglien, Myers, and Trouba. Exposing Perreault, Dano, and Armia. I assume Armia or Dano will be the choice. I chose Armia because of his contract status.

Dobber Sports Genius

Do you want to know what is funny? I know Leivo's dad and was talking to him last week during the Newmarket old-timers tournament and he is hoping Josh goes to Vegas. Keep in mind his dad is a bit of a partier and said he'd love an excuse to be in Vegas a lot. Also said Babcock didn't like Josh.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

The Great One

I have a feeling a lot of players will not waive their NMC.
    A: Because, like the management, the players also know this is a business. Players sign deals for themselves and don't care what is left for others. Cap space definitely affects how much better the team can be. Do you think Toews and Kane care that they are taking up almost 30% of the teams cap space? The two leaders of the team would surely try to make the team better, right? Nope. They take what is best for their situation. It's a business.

I can't see any player waiving their clause to go to Vegas. Only, if it's better for THEIR situation. Only if it would improve their chances at a bigger and better contract. Only if they get more playing time. Only if their spouse/family really wanted to go there. Only if it's better for the player. Only if it's better for their business.

It's rare to find a player to do what is best for the team. And rightfully so.

It'll be interesting to follow the situation for sure. I just don't think players will waive their NMC to go to a shitty expansion team.......unless it favours their situation.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Connor Brown? I will trust capfriendly over you. They say he's eligible.
    Hmmm. I thought he was exempt for some reason.

My bad.

I did my Mock draft a couple months ago and realize it's still way to early to do a mock draft now.

I can see the Leafs picking up a player they can expose.

I'll guess they'll lose one of:

Leivo/Rychel/Martin/Marincin

Brown I would bet they don't leave unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Hmmm. I thought he was exempt for some reason.

My bad.

I did my Mock draft a couple months ago and realize it's still way to early to do a mock draft now.

I can see the Leafs picking up a player they can expose.

I'll guess they'll lose one of:

Leivo/Rychel/Martin/Marincin

Brown I would bet they don't leave unprotected.
    That's fair. I agree it's too early for mocks. I also think they're useless, because teams are going to trade assets both to protect extra players and as incentive to take players. And we just don't have that info. Fun little game though haha.

Administrator

One thing I find useful about these mock drafts is it highlights my belief that people are overreacting to how much teams are going to be hurt by the expansion draft. The initial roster will have 23 players yet the team has 30 picks so some teams won't even lose an NHL-level player. Plus teams have not even started doing whatever they have to do to optimize their protection lists.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust